Ki Won Lee
Affiliation: Seoul National University
- Kim J, Lee K. Silkworm Thorn Stem Extract Targets RSK2 and Suppresses Solar UV-Induced Cyclooxygenase-2 Expression. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:25096-107 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a potential for SWE to be developed as a cosmeceutical material and functional food constituent for the promotion of skin health. ..
- Park S, Kwon S, Lim S, Kim J, Lee K, Park J. Licoricidin, an Active Compound in the Hexane/Ethanol Extract of Glycyrrhiza uralensis, Inhibits Lung Metastasis of 4T1 Murine Mammary Carcinoma Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates that the licoricidin in HEGU inhibits lung metastasis of 4T1 mammary carcinoma cells, which may be mediated via inhibition of cancer cell migration, tumor angiogenesis, and lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Kang H, Lee C, Kim J, Kwon J, Seo S, Han J, et al. Chlorella vulgaris Attenuates Dermatophagoides Farinae-Induced Atopic Dermatitis-Like Symptoms in NC/Nga Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:21021-34 pubmed publisher..In addition, CV treatment downregulated mRNA expression levels of IL-4 and IFN-Î³. Taken together, these results suggest that CV extract may have potential as a nutraceutical ingredient for the prevention of AD. ..
- Kim H, Kang Y, Lee J, Chang H, Lee K, Apostolidis E, et al. The Postprandial Anti-Hyperglycemic Effect of Pyridoxine and Its Derivatives Using In Vitro and In Vivo Animal Models. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..Therefore, pyridoxal may have the potential to be used as a food ingredient for the prevention of prediabetes progression to type 2 diabetes. ..
- Kim J, Song D, Kim J, Choi J, Kim J, Yoon H, et al. Oral Supplementation with Cocoa Extract Reduces UVB-Induced Wrinkles in Hairless Mouse Skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:1012-1021 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cacao extract may offer a protective effect against photoaging by inhibiting the breakdown of dermal matrix, which leads to an overall reduction in wrinkle formation. ..
- Kim J, Shim J, Lee S, Cho W, Hong E, Lee J, et al. Rg3-enriched ginseng extract ameliorates scopolamine-induced learning deficits in mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:66 pubmed publisher..e., phosphorylation of p65) in the hippocampus. These findings suggest that Rg3GE may stabilize scopolamine-induced memory deficits through the inhibition of acetylcholinesterase activity and NF-ÎºB signaling in the hippocampus. ..
- Song N, Kim J, Park J, Kim J, Kang H, Lee E, et al. Licochalcone A, a polyphenol present in licorice, suppresses UV-induced COX-2 expression by targeting PI3K, MEK1, and B-Raf. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:4453-70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results provide insight into the biological action of LicoA, which may have potential for development as a skin cancer chemopreventive agent. ..
- Lee C, Dudonné S, Dubé P, Desjardins Y, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Comprehensive phenolic composition analysis and evaluation of Yak-Kong soybean (Glycine max) for the prevention of atherosclerosis. Food Chem. 2017;234:486-493 pubmed publisher..YK has promising potential for further development as a functional food source targeted at atherosclerosis prevention. ..
- Byun S, Lee E, Lee K. Therapeutic Implications of Autophagy Inducers in Immunological Disorders, Infection, and Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This review covers recent developments in the understanding of autophagy and discusses potential therapeutic interventions that may alter the outcomes of certain diseases. ..
- Lee C, Dudonné S, Kim J, Kim J, Dubé P, Kim J, et al. A major daidzin metabolite 7,8,4'-trihydroxyisoflavone found in the plasma of soybean extract-fed rats attenuates monocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Food Chem. 2018;240:607-614 pubmed publisher..Therefore, 7,8,4'-THI, a highly bioavailable hydroxylated isoflavone metabolite, has potential anti-atherosclerotic effect via inhibiting monocyte-endothelial adhesion. ..
- Kim J, Lee S, Jang M, Choi H, Kim J, Chen H, et al. Coumestrol Epigenetically Suppresses Cancer Cell Proliferation: Coumestrol Is a Natural Haspin Kinase Inhibitor. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the anti-cancer effect of coumestrol is due to the direct targeting of haspin kinase. Coumestrol has considerable potential for further development as a novel anti-cancer agent. ..
- Lee C, Kim J, Kim J, Oh Y, Han S, Park J, et al. 5-(3',4'-Dihydroxyphenyl-Î³-valerolactone), a Major Microbial Metabolite of Proanthocyanidin, Attenuates THP-1 Monocyte-Endothelial Adhesion. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We suggested that DHPV has higher potentiality in prevention of atherosclerosis among the proanthocyanidin metabolites. ..
- Kim J, Lee E, Friedline R, Suk S, Jung D, Dagdeviren S, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum chaperone GRP78 regulates macrophage function and insulin resistance in diet-induced obesity. FASEB J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Noh, H. L., Kwon, J. Y., Nambu, A., Huh, J. R., Han, M. S., Davis, R. J., Lee, A. S., Lee, K. W., Kim, J. K. Endoplasmic reticulum chaperone GRP78 regulates macrophage function and insulin resistance in diet-induced obesity...
- Choi J, Seo M, Shin K, Lee K, Oh D. Synergistic production of 20(S)-protopanaxadiol from protopanaxadiol-type ginsenosides by ?-glycosidases from Dictyoglomus turgidum and Caldicellulosiruptor bescii. AMB Express. 2017;7:219 pubmed publisher..Thus, DT-bgl combined with CB-bgl completely converted PPD-type ginsenosides to APPD with the highest volumetric and specific productivities reported thus far. ..