Hae Young Chung
Affiliation: Pusan National University
- Jeong H, Park D, Im E, Lee J, Im D, Chung H. Determination of the Mechanisms that Cause Sarcopenia through cDNA Microarray. J Frailty Aging. 2017;6:97-102 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mitochondrial dysfunction and lipid metabolism are associated with sarcopenia. ..
- Chung K, Lee E, Lee M, Oh G, Yu B, Chung H. Impairment of PPARÎ± and the Fatty Acid Oxidation Pathway Aggravates Renal Fibrosis during Aging. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:1223-1237 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that impaired renal PPARÎ± signaling during aging aggravates renal fibrosis development, and targeting PPARÎ± is useful for preventing age-associated CKD. ..
- Chung H, Kim H, Kim K, Choi J, Yu B. Molecular inflammation hypothesis of aging based on the anti-aging mechanism of calorie restriction. Microsc Res Tech. 2002;59:264-72 pubmed..It was further proposed that CR's major force of the regulation of redox-sensitive inflammation may well be its life-prolonging action. ..
- Jeong J, Kim J, Ku S, Kim S, Kim K, Kim G, et al. Essential oils purified from Schisandrae semen inhibits tumor necrosis factor-Î±-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 activation and migration of human aortic smooth muscle cells. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that SSeo has putative potential anti-atherosclerotic activity. ..
- Kim C, Lee E, Choi Y, An H, Jeong H, Park D, et al. Short-term calorie restriction ameliorates genomewide, age-related alterations in DNA methylation. Aging Cell. 2016;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, the CR-induced epigenetic changes that ameliorate age-dependent aberrant methylation may be important to CR's health- and life-prolonging effects. ..
- Kim M, An H, Kim D, Lee B, Lee H, Ullah S, et al. Novel SIRT1 activator MHY2233 improves glucose tolerance and reduces hepatic lipid accumulation in db/db mice. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2018;28:684-688 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the novel SIRT1 activator MHY2233 reduced lipid accumulation and improved insulin resistance. This finding may contribute toward therapeutic approaches for fatty liver disease and glucose tolerance. ..
- Kim Y, Lee E, Kim D, Kim K, Lee B, An H, et al. PPAR? activation by MHY908 attenuates age-related renal inflammation through modulation of the ROS/Akt/FoxO1 pathway. Exp Gerontol. 2017;92:87-95 pubmed publisher..These phenomena suggest that PPAR? activation by MHY908 attenuates NOX4-derived ROS generation in response to insulin. ..
- Na H, Pyo J, Jeon H, Park J, Chung H, Yoo M. Deficiency of Atg6 impairs beneficial effect of metformin on intestinal stem cell aging in Drosophila. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;498:18-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study suggests that Atg6 is required for the inhibitory effect of metformin on ISC aging, providing an intervention mechanism of metformin on adult stem cell aging. ..