Jeen Woo Park
Affiliation: Kyungpook National University
- Pan J, Kim H, Beane K, Montalbano A, Lee J, Kim Y, et al. IDH2 Deficiency Aggravates Fructose-Induced NAFLD by Modulating Hepatic Fatty Acid Metabolism and Activating Inflammatory Signaling in Female Mice. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..For the first time, we report our novel findings that IDH2 KO female mice may be more susceptible to fructose-induced NAFLD and the associated inflammatory response, suggesting a mechanistic role of IDH2 in metabolic diseases. ..
- Chae U, Park N, Kim E, Choi J, Yim M, Lee H, et al. IDH2-deficient mice develop spinal deformities with aging. Physiol Res. 2018;67:487-494 pubmed..This indicates that IDH2 might be a potent target for the development of therapies for spinal deformities. Our findings also provide a novel animal model for vertebral disease research. ..
- Kim H, Pan J, Kim S, Lee J, Park J. Chlorogenic acid ameliorates alcohol-induced liver injuries through scavenging reactive oxygen species. Biochimie. 2018;150:131-138 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CGA treatment can be an effective approach to attenuate ALD through the suppression of oxidative stress. ..
- Park J, Ku H, Lee J, Park J. IDH2 deficiency accelerates skin pigmentation in mice via enhancing melanogenesis. Redox Biol. 2018;17:16-24 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings highlight the role of IDH2 in skin melanogenesis in association with mitochondrial ROS and suggest unique therapeutic strategies for the prevention of skin pigmentation. ..
- Park J, Ku H, Lee J, Park J. Disruption of IDH2 attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation and lung injury in an α-ketoglutarate-dependent manner. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;503:798-802 pubmed publisher..The present study supports the rationale for targeting IDH2 as an important therapeutic strategy for the treatment of systemic inflammatory response syndromes, particularly ALI. ..
- Ku H, Park J, Kim S, Park J. Isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 deficiency exacerbates dermis damage by ultraviolet-B via ?Np63 downregulation. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2018;1864:1138-1147 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we provided a role for IDH2 in protection against UVB-induced skin damage and a new connection between IDH2 and ?Np63. ..
- Kim S, Kim H, Ku H, Park J, Cha H, Lee S, et al. Oxalomalate reduces expression and secretion of vascular endothelial growth factor in the retinal pigment epithelium and inhibits angiogenesis: Implications for age-related macular degeneration. Redox Biol. 2016;10:211-220 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel role for OMA in inhibiting RPE-derived VEGF expression and angiogenesis, and suggest unique therapeutic strategies for treating pathological angiogenesis and AMD development. ..
- Lee S, Cha H, Lee S, Kim H, Ku H, Kim S, et al. Idh2 deficiency accelerates renal dysfunction in aged mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:34-39 pubmed publisher..These data support a significant role for increased oxidative stress as a result of compromised mitochondrial antioxidant defenses in modulating life span in mice, and thus support the oxidative stress theory of aging. ..
- Ku H, Ahn Y, Lee J, Park K, Park J. IDH2 deficiency promotes mitochondrial dysfunction and cardiac hypertrophy in mice. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;80:84-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IDH2 plays an important role in maintaining both baseline mitochondrial function and cardiac contractile function following pressure-overload hypertrophy, by preventing oxidative stress. ..
- Cha H, Lee S, Hwan Kim S, Kim H, Lee D, Lee H, et al. Increased susceptibility of IDH2-deficient mice to dextran sodium sulfate-induced colitis. Redox Biol. 2017;13:32-38 pubmed publisher..The present study supported the rationale for targeting IDH2 as an important cancer chemoprevention strategy, particularly in the prevention of colorectal cancer. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Ku H, Jeon Y, Lee H, Lee J, et al. Suppression of tumorigenesis in mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase knock-out mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:135-43 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that redox status-associated changes in the host environment of tumor-bearing mice may contribute to cancer progression. ..