In Kyu Lee
Affiliation: Kyungpook National University
- Park S, Karunakaran U, Jeoung N, Jeon J, Lee I. Physiological effect and therapeutic application of alpha lipoic acid. Curr Med Chem. 2014;21:3636-45 pubmed..In this review, we will discuss recent clinical studies that have investigated the beneficial effects of ?-lipoic acid on endothelial dysfunction and propose possible mechanisms involved. ..
- Kim J, Im C, Yoo E, Ma M, Kim S, Hong E, et al. Identification of Selective ERRγ Inverse Agonists. Molecules. 2016;21:80 pubmed publisher..This novel class of ERRγ inverse agonists shows promise in the development of drugs targeting ERRγ-related diseases. ..
- Seo H, Jeon J, Jung Y, Jung G, Lee E, Choi Y, et al. Fyn deficiency attenuates renal fibrosis by inhibition of phospho-STAT3. Kidney Int. 2016;90:1285-1297 pubmed publisher..Thus, Fyn plays an important role in renal fibrosis. Hence, Fyn kinase inhibitors may be therapeutically useful against renal fibrosis. ..
- Choi S, Park S, Oh C, Leem J, Park K, Lee I. Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibition by gemigliptin prevents abnormal vascular remodeling via NF-E2-related factor 2 activation. Vascul Pharmacol. 2015;73:11-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that gemigliptin exerts a preventative effect on the proliferation and migration of VSMCs via Nrf2. ..
- Bae K, Min A, Kim J, Lee I, Park K. Alpha lipoic acid induces hepatic fibroblast growth factor 21 expression via up-regulation of CREBH. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;455:212-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that ALA increases hepatic FGF21 expression via up-regulation of CREBH, identifying ALA as a novel positive regulator of FGF21. ..
- Oh C, Kim J, Min A, Park K, Harris R, Kim H, et al. Sulforaphane attenuates hepatic fibrosis via NF-E2-related factor 2-mediated inhibition of transforming growth factor-?/Smad signaling. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:671-682 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that SFN elicits an antifibrotic effect on hepatic fibrosis through Nrf2-mediated inhibition of the TGF-?/Smad signaling and subsequent suppression of HSC activation and fibrogenic gene expression. ..
- Kim Y, Jung D, Oh S, Lee T, Lee I, Lee K, et al. Protective effects of 1,2,3-triazole derivative KPR-A020 against cisplatin-induced ototoxicity in murine cochlear cultures. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;96:59-64 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that KPR-A020 can be used as an antioxidant and antiapoptotic agent to prevent hearing loss caused by cisplatin induced-oxidative stress. ..
- Byun J, Choi Y, Kim J, Jeong J, Jeon H, Kim M, et al. A Positive Feedback Loop between Sestrin2 and mTORC2 Is Required for the Survival of Glutamine-Depleted Lung Cancer Cells. Cell Rep. 2017;20:586-599 pubmed publisher..This study shows that differential Sestrin2-mediated regulation of mTORC1 and mTORC2 is necessary for the survival of glutamine-depleted lung cancer cells. ..
- Oh C, Ha C, Choi Y, Park S, Choe M, Jeoung N, et al. Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 deficiency attenuates cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. Kidney Int. 2017;91:880-895 pubmed publisher..Thus, PDK4 mediates cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury, suggesting that PDK4 might be a therapeutic target for attenuating cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. ..