Dong Seok Lee
Affiliation: Kyungpook National University
- Kim J, Park S, Chae U, Seong J, Lee H, Lee S, et al. Peroxiredoxin 2 mediates insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles through regulation of protein tyrosine phosphatase oxidation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2018;99:80-90 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel insights into the fundamental mechanisms of insulin signaling induced by Prx2 deficiency and suggest that ROS-based therapeutic strategies can be used to suppress insulin resistance. ..
- Park S, Kim J, Lee D, Kim J, Lee D. Peroxiredoxin 2 deficiency accelerates age-related ovarian failure through the reactive oxygen species-mediated JNK pathway in mice. Free Radic Biol Med. 2018;123:96-106 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Prx2 plays an important role in preventing accelerated ovarian failure by inhibiting ROS-induced JNK activation. ..
- Lee D, Min J, Lee H, Lee D. Isoliquiritigenin attenuates glutamate-induced mitochondrial fission via calcineurin-mediated Drp1 dephosphorylation in HT22 hippocampal neuron cells. Neurotoxicology. 2018;68:133-141 pubmed publisher..These results may contribute to the development of new drugs and novel strategies for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders related to glutamate toxicity. ..
- Jeong K, Lee D, Kim S. Effects of eugenol on granule cell dispersion in a mouse model of temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2015;115:73-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EUG may have beneficial effects in the treatment of epilepsy through its ability to inhibit GCD via suppression of KA-induced mTORC1 activation in the hippocampal DG in vivo. ..
- Lee D, Park J, Lee H, Lee S, Lee D. Iron overload-induced calcium signals modulate mitochondrial fragmentation in HT-22 hippocampal neuron cells. Toxicology. 2016;365:17-24 pubmed publisher..We believe that our results may contribute to the development of novel therapies for iron toxicity related neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Park J, Choi H, Kim B, Chae U, Lee D, Lee S, et al. Peroxiredoxin 5 (Prx5) decreases LPS-induced microglial activation through regulation of Ca2+/calcineurin-Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fission. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;99:392-404 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that mitochondrial dynamics may be essential for understanding pro-inflammatory responses and that Prx5 may be used as a new therapeutic target to prevent neuroinflammation and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Park H, Min S, Choi H, Park J, Kim S, Lee S, et al. Mitochondria-targeted DsRed2 protein expression during the early stage of bovine somatic cell nuclear transfer embryo development. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016;52:812-22 pubmed publisher..In addition, according to image analysis, it may be suggested possible use of the system for visualization of mitochondrial localization and evaluation of mitochondrial behaviors or dynamics in early development of bovine SCNT embryos. ..
- Park S, Choe Y, Kim J, Chang K, Lee H, Lee D. Isoliquiritigenin impairs insulin signaling and adipocyte differentiation through the inhibition of protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B oxidation in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;93:5-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that the anti-oxidant capacity of ISL attenuated insulin IR/PI3K/AKT signaling through inhibition of PTP1B oxidation, and ultimately attenuated insulin-induced adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Kim T, Kim J, Lee D. Testosterone production by a Leydig tumor cell line is suppressed by hyperthermia-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress in mice. Life Sci. 2016;146:184-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings help to provide an ER-stress mediate mechanistic explanation to the impairment of spermatogenesis upon elevation of the testicular temperature. ..
- Kim B, Park J, Chang K, Lee D. Peroxiredoxin 5 prevents amyloid-beta oligomer-induced neuronal cell death by inhibiting ERK-Drp1-mediated mitochondrial fragmentation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;90:184-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, Prx5 may be a new therapeutic agent for treating AD. ..
- Park S, Kim J, Kim T, Lee S, Park J, Lee S, et al. Peroxiredoxin 2 regulates PGF2Î±-induced corpus luteum regression in mice by inhibiting ROS-dependent JNK activation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;108:44-55 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Prx2 plays a crucial role in preventing accelerated luteal regression via inhibition of the ROS/JNK pathway. ..
- Park J, Min J, Chae U, Lee J, Song K, Lee H, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of oleuropein on microglia through regulation of Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fission. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;306:46-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential role of oleuropein in microglial inflammation-mediated neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Ahn H, Yoo J, Lee S, Lee H, Lee H, Lee D. Peroxiredoxin 5 promotes the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colon cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:580-586 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PRX5 can be used as a predictive biomarker and serves as a putative therapeutic target for the development of clinical treatments for human CRC. ..
- Park J, Lee S, Lee H, Lee S, Lee D. Profiling of cytosolic and mitochondrial H2O2 production using the H2O2-sensitive protein HyPer in LPS-induced microglia cells. Neurosci Lett. 2017;654:6-11 pubmed publisher..Consequently, our study provides the basic information about subcellular H2O2 generation in activated microglia, and a useful tool for investigating molecular targets that can modulate neuroinflammatory responses. ..
- Song B, Lee S, Kim S, Kim J, Park J, Kim C, et al. Nucleologenesis and embryonic genome activation are defective in interspecies cloned embryos between bovine ooplasm and rhesus monkey somatic cells. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:44 pubmed publisher..These results provide insight into the unresolved problems of early embryonic development in iSCNT embryos. ..