Deok Chun Yang
Affiliation: Kyung Hee University
- Huo Y, Kang J, Kim Y, Yang D. Paraburkholderia panacihumi sp. nov., an isolate from ginseng-cultivated soil, is antagonistic against root rot fungal pathogen. Arch Microbiol. 2018;200:1151-1158 pubmed publisher..The type strain is DCY115T (= KCTC 52952T = JCM 32099T). ..
- Kim C, Kang J, Huo Y, Chokkalingam M, Kim Y, Kim D, et al. Paenibacillus panacihumi sp. nov., a potential plant growth-promoting bacterium isolated from ginseng-cultivated soil. Arch Microbiol. 2018;200:1049-1055 pubmed publisher..The type strain is DCY114T (= KCTC 33915T = JCM 32073T). ..
- Yang D, Siddiqi M, Ahn S, Kang S, Noh H, Yang D. In vitro evaluation of the potential therapeutic role of Dendropanax morbifera extract in ameliorating osteoporosis and resultant bone impairment using MC3T3-E1 cells. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2018;54:346-354 pubmed publisher..Our study might be helpful in the discovery and development of new anti-osteoporosis therapeutic agents. ..
- Kim Y, Jang M, Noh H, Lee H, Sukweenadhi J, Kim J, et al. Molecular characterization of two glutathione peroxidase genes of Panax ginseng and their expression analysis against environmental stresses. Gene. 2014;535:33-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, the two PgGPXs showed different responses against biotic stress. The positive responses of PgGPX to the environmental stimuli suggested that ginseng GPX may help to protect against environmental stresses. ..
- Kim Y, Jang M, Zhu L, Silva J, Zhu X, Sukweenadhi J, et al. Cytological characterization of anther development in Panax ginseng Meyer. Protoplasma. 2016;253:1111-24 pubmed publisher..To facilitate the future study on ginseng male reproduction, we grouped the anther development into 10 developmental stages according to the characterized cytological events. ..
- Wang H, Li G, Kwon W, Yang D. Development of EST Intron-Targeting SNP Markers for Panax ginseng and Their Application to Cultivar Authentication. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..ginseng cultivars, and the EST intron-targeting strategy will provide a potential approach for marker development in species without whole genomic DNA sequence information. ..
- Jin Y, Jung S, Kim Y, Lee D, Aceituno V, Wang C, et al. Microbial deglycosylation and ketonization of ginsenoside by Cladosporium cladosporioide and their anticancer activity. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2016;109:179-85 pubmed publisher..We found that Rb1 â†’ Rd â†’ F2 â†’ CK â†’ PPD or 3-oxo-CK â†’ 3-oxo-PPD represents the ginsenoside metabolic pathway. ..
- Kim Y, Silva J, Zhang D, Shi J, Joo S, Jang M, et al. Development of interspecies hybrids to increase ginseng biomass and ginsenoside yield. Plant Cell Rep. 2016;35:779-90 pubmed publisher..In summary, this work provided a practical system for reciprocal hybrid ginseng production, which would facilitate the ginseng production in the future. ..
- Singh P, Singh H, Kim Y, Mathiyalagan R, Wang C, Yang D. Extracellular synthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles by Sporosarcina koreensis DC4 and their biological applications. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;86:75-83 pubmed publisher..In addition, gold nanoparticles have been applied for catalytic activity, for the reduction of 4-nitrophenol to 4-aminophenol using sodium borohydride and positive results were attained. ..
- Zhong F, Dong W, Wu S, Jiang J, Yang D, Li D, et al. Biotransformation of gypenoside XVII to compound K by a recombinant ?-glucosidase. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:1187-93 pubmed publisher..58 mg compound K ml(-1) within 6 h, with a corresponding molar conversion yield of 89 %. The recombinant Bgy1 is considered potentially useful for the practical preparation of compound K. ..
- Kim C, Castro Aceituno V, Abbai R, Lee H, Simu S, Han Y, et al. Caspase-3/MAPK pathways as main regulators of the apoptotic effect of the phyto-mediated synthesized silver nanoparticle from dried stem of Eleutherococcus senticosus in human cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;99:128-133 pubmed publisher..These results, suggest that Sg-AgNPs anticancer potential activity might be linked to the induction of apoptosis though the generation of ROS by activation of the Caspase-3/p38 MAPK pathway. ..
- Castro Aceituno V, Ahn S, Simu S, Wang C, Mathiyalagan R, Yang D. Silver nanoparticles from Dendropanax morbifera Léveille inhibit cell migration, induce apoptosis, and increase generation of reactive oxygen species in A549 lung cancer cells. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016;52:1012-1019 pubmed..Our data provide the first evidence supporting the potential of D-AgNPs as a possible anticancer agent, particularly for the treatment of non-small cell lung carcinoma. ..
- Singh P, Singh H, Kim Y, Yang D. Pedobacter panacis sp. nov., isolated from Panax ginseng soil. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2017;110:235-244 pubmed publisher..nov is proposed with the type strain designated as DCY108T (=CCTCCAB 2015196T = KCTC 42748T). ..
- Kim D, Singh P, Farh M, Kim Y, Nguyen N, Lee H, et al. Flavobacterium panacis sp. nov., isolated from rhizosphere of Panax ginseng. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2016;109:1199-208 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is suggested that the newly isolated organism represents a novel species, for which the name Flavobacterium panacis sp. nov. is proposed with the type strain designated as DCY106(T) (= JCM 31468(T)= KCTC 42747(T)). ..
- Kang S, Siddiqi M, Yoon S, Ahn S, Noh H, Kumar N, et al. Therapeutic potential of compound K as an IKK inhibitor with implications for osteoarthritis prevention: an in silico and in vitro study. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016;52:895-905 pubmed..The findings of this study suggest the use of CK as a novel protective and therapeutic agent in AO. ..
- Mathiyalagan R, Kim Y, Kim Y, Kim M, Kim M, Yang D. Enzymatic Formation of Novel Ginsenoside Rg1-Î±-Glucosides by Rat Intestinal Homogenates. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2015;177:1701-15 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, it is also the first to reveal the sixth and 20th positions of an unusual Î±-D-glucopyranosyl-(1â†’6)-Î²-D-glucopyranosyl sugar chain with 20(S)-protopanaxatriol saponins in Panax ginseng Mayer. ..
- Bhuvaneshwari K, Gokulanathan A, Jayanthi M, Govindasamy V, Milella L, Lee S, et al. Can Ocimum basilicum L. and Ocimum tenuiflorum L. in vitro culture be a potential source of secondary metabolites?. Food Chem. 2016;194:55-60 pubmed publisher..This study underlines that important food flavouring metabolites (e.g. vanillin, vanillic acids) might be produced, via the eugenol pathway, in Ocimum species that may be a good potential source of eugenol. ..
- Castro Aceituno V, Ahn S, Simu S, Singh P, Mathiyalagan R, Lee H, et al. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles from Panax ginseng fresh leaves in human cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:158-165 pubmed publisher..Further experiments are suggested to determinate the mechanism by which P.g AgNPs induce cytotoxicity and ROS generation in MCF-7 and HepG2 cells. ..
- Singh P, Kim Y, Farh M, Dan W, Kang C, Yang D. Chryseobacterium panacis sp. nov., isolated from ginseng soil. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2016;109:187-96 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed, with the type strain designated as DCY107(T) (=CCTCC AB 2015195(T) = KCTC 42750(T)). ..
- Singh P, Kim Y, Zhang D, Yang D. Biological Synthesis of Nanoparticles from Plants and Microorganisms. Trends Biotechnol. 2016;34:588-599 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we highlight recent milestones achieved for the biogenic synthesis of nanoparticles by controlling critical parameters, including the choice of biological source, incubation period, pH, and temperature. ..
- Farh M, Kim Y, Sukweenadhi J, Singh P, Yang D. Aluminium resistant, plant growth promoting bacteria induce overexpression of Aluminium stress related genes in Arabidopsis thaliana and increase the ginseng tolerance against Aluminium stress. Microbiol Res. 2017;200:45-52 pubmed publisher..According to the present results, these strains can be used in the future for the cultivation of ginseng in Al-persisted locations. ..
- Markus J, Wang D, Kim Y, Ahn S, Mathiyalagan R, Wang C, et al. Biosynthesis, Characterization, and Bioactivities Evaluation of Silver and Gold Nanoparticles Mediated by the Roots of Chinese Herbal Angelica pubescens Maxim. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2017;12:46 pubmed publisher..Schematic diagram of biosynthesis of DH-AgNps and DH-AuNps and evaluation of their bioactivities. ..
- Silva J, Kim Y, Xiao D, Sukweenadhi J, Hu T, Kwon W, et al. Cytological analysis of ginseng carpel development. Protoplasma. 2017;254:1909-1922 pubmed publisher..This study will provide an integral tool for the study of the reproductive development and breeding of P. ginseng. ..
- Kim Y, Joo S, Shi J, Hu C, Quan S, Hu J, et al. Metabolic dynamics and physiological adaptation of Panax ginseng during development. Plant Cell Rep. 2018;37:393-410 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into the metabolic kinetics during the development of ginseng plant and this could complement the pharmacological importance of ginseng and its compounds according to their age. ..
- Farh M, Kim Y, Singh P, Jung S, Kang J, Yang D. Rhodoferax koreense sp. nov, an obligately aerobic bacterium within the family Comamonadaceae, and emended description of the genus Rhodoferax. J Microbiol. 2017;55:767-774 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is DCY-110T (= KCTC 52288T = JCM 31441T). ..
- Noh J, Hoang V, Kim Y, Kang J, Yang D. Chryseobacterium ginsengiterrae sp. nov., with Beta-Glucosidase Activity Isolated from Soil of a Ginseng Field. Curr Microbiol. 2017;74:1417-1424 pubmed publisher..ginsengiterrae sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DCY68T (=KCTC 32089T = JCM 18517T). ..
- Castro Aceituno V, Abbai R, Moon S, Ahn S, Mathiyalagan R, Kim Y, et al. Pleuropterus multiflorus (Hasuo) mediated straightforward eco-friendly synthesis of silver, gold nanoparticles and evaluation of their anti-cancer activity on A549 lung cancer cell line. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;93:995-1003 pubmed publisher..multiflorus for the synthesis of bioactive silver and gold nanoparticle which would open up doors for its extensive usage in medicinal field. ..
- Singh P, Kim Y, Singh H, Farh M, Yang D. Achromobacter panacis sp. nov., isolated from rhizosphere of Panax ginseng. J Microbiol. 2017;55:428-434 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed with the type strain designated as DCY105T (=CCTCCAB 2015193T =KCTC 42751T). ..