Jae Young Um
Affiliation: Kyung Hee University
- Baek S, Lee J, Kim C, Ko J, Ryu S, Lee S, et al. Ginkgolic Acid C 17:1, Derived from Ginkgo biloba Leaves, Suppresses Constitutive and Inducible STAT3 Activation through Induction of PTEN and SHP-1 Tyrosine Phosphatase. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Overall, GAC 17:1 was found to abrogate STAT3 signaling pathway and thus exert its anticancer effects against multiple myeloma cells. ..
- Ko J, Sethi G, Um J, Shanmugam M, Arfuso F, Kumar A, et al. The Role of Resveratrol in Cancer Therapy. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This is also accompanied by a comprehensive update of the various clinical trials that have demonstrated it to be a promising therapeutic and chemopreventive agent. ..
- Jung Y, Park J, Kim H, Sim J, Youn D, Kang J, et al. Vanillic acid attenuates obesity via activation of the AMPK pathway and thermogenic factors in vivo and in vitro. FASEB J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..E., Youn, D.-H., Kang, J., Lim, S., Jeong, M.-Y., Yang, W. M., Lee, S.-G., Ahn, K. S., Um, J.-Y. Vanillic acid attenuates obesity via activation of the AMPK pathway and thermogenic factors in vivo and in vitro...
- Ko J, Lee J, Jung S, Lee S, Chinnathambi A, Alharbi S, et al. 2,5-Dihydroxyacetophenone Induces Apoptosis of Multiple Myeloma Cells by Regulating the MAPK Activation Pathway. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..DHAP also potentiated the pro-apoptotic and anti-proliferative effects of bortezomib in U266 cells. Our results suggest that DHAP can be an effective therapeutic agent to target multiple myeloma. ..
- Lee H, Baek S, Lee J, Kim C, Ko J, Lee S, et al. Isorhynchophylline, a Potent Plant Alkaloid, Induces Apoptotic and Anti-Metastatic Effects in Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells through the Modulation of Diverse Cell Signaling Cascades. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate, for the first time, that Rhy could exert anticancer and anti-metastatic effects through regulation of multiple signaling cascades in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. ..
- Um J, Rim H, Kim S, Kim H, Hong S. Functional polymorphism of IL-1 alpha and its potential role in obesity in humans and mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29524 pubmed publisher..Taken together, IL-1? treatment regulated the differentiation of preadipocytes. IL-1? C-889T (rs1800587) is a functional polymorphism of IL-1? associated with obesity. IL-1? may have a critical function in the development of obesity. ..
- Kim C, Baek S, Um J, Shim B, Ahn K. Resveratrol attenuates constitutive STAT3 and STAT5 activation through induction of PTPÎµ and SHP-2 tyrosine phosphatases and potentiates sorafenib-induced apoptosis in renal cell carcinoma. BMC Nephrol. 2016;17:19 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that RES is a blocker of both STAT3 and STAT5 activation and thus may exert potential growth inhibitory effects against RCC cells. ..
- Jeon Y, Kee J, Kim D, Han Y, Kim S, Kim S, et al. Effects of Ixeris dentata water extract and caffeic acid on allergic inflammation in vivo and in vitro. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:196 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ID is a potential therapeutic agent for allergic inflammatory diseases, including dermatitis. ..
- Um J, Jang C, Kim H, Cho Y, Park J, Lee S, et al. Proinflammatory cytokine IL-1 ? polymorphisms in sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2013;35:52-6 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the IL-1? -511 and +3953 loci may play an important role in the etiopathogenesis of SSNHL. ..