Jong Hoon Ryu
Affiliation: Kyung Hee University
- Zhang J, Ko S, Liao Y, Kwon Y, Jeon S, Sohn A, et al. Activation of the dopamine D1 receptor can extend long-term spatial memory persistence via PKA signaling in mice. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2018;155:568-577 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the activation of the dopamine D1 receptor plays a critical role in the persistence of long-term spatial memory through the PKA signaling pathway. ..
- Kim D, Moon E, Yi J, Lee H, Park S, Ryu Y, et al. Peptide fragment of thymosin Î²4 increases hippocampal neurogenesis and facilitates spatial memory. Neuroscience. 2015;310:51-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that Ac-SDKP functions as a regulator of neural proliferation and indicate that Ac-SDKP may be a therapeutic candidate for diseases characterized by neuronal loss. ..
- Kwon G, Kim H, Park S, Lee H, Woo H, Ahn Y, et al. Anxiolytic-like effect of danshensu [(3-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-lactic acid)] in mice. Life Sci. 2014;101:73-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that danshensu exerts its anxiolytic-like properties, in part, through dopaminergic neurotransmitter signaling. ..
- Yi J, Zhang J, Ko S, Kwon H, Jeon S, Park S, et al. Fluoxetine Inhibits Natural Decay of Long-Term Memory via Akt/GSK-3β Signaling. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:7453-7462 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that GSK-3β might be a key molecule in memory decay process, and fluoxetine extends the period of long-term memory maintenance via Akt/GSK-3β signaling. ..
- Choi Y, Kim D, Kim Y, Yang S, Lee K, Ryu J, et al. Synthesis and Evaluation of Neuroprotective Selenoflavanones. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:29574-82 pubmed publisher..Moreover, infarction volumes in a transient ischemia mouse model were significantly reduced by the selenoflavanone treatments. ..
- Kim E, Ko H, Jeon S, Lee S, Lee H, Kim H, et al. The memory-enhancing effect of erucic acid on scopolamine-induced cognitive impairment in mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2016;142:85-90 pubmed publisher..Therefore, erucic acid may be a novel therapeutic agent for diseases associated with cognitive deficits, such as Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Yi J, Park H, Kim B, Kim D, Ryu J. Evidences of the role of the rodent hippocampus in the non-spatial recognition memory. Behav Brain Res. 2016;297:141-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that sufficient habituation is required to observe the effects of hippocampal lesions on object recognition memory. ..
- Jung W, Kim H, Park H, Jeon S, Park H, Choi H, et al. The ethanolic extract of the Eclipta prostrata L. ameliorates the cognitive impairment in mice induced by scopolamine. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;190:165-73 pubmed publisher..This could be, at least in part, mediated by the activation of the Akt-GSK-3? signaling pathway. ..
- Yi J, Hye Jin Park -, Beak S, Lee S, Jung J, Kim B, et al. Danggui-Jakyak-San enhances hippocampal long-term potentiation through the ERK/CREB/BDNF cascade. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;175:481-9 pubmed publisher..In vivo, DJS improved spatial long-term memory and upregulated the hippocampal CREB/BDNF cascade. These results suggest that DJS enhances hippocampal LTP and spatial memory through the ERK/CREB/BDNF cascade. ..
- Yi J, Baek S, Heo S, Park H, Kwon H, Lee S, et al. Direct pharmacological Akt activation rescues Alzheimer's disease like memory impairments and aberrant synaptic plasticity. Neuropharmacology. 2018;128:282-292 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Akt could be a therapeutic target for memory impairment observed in AD. ..
- Jeon S, Kim E, Lee J, Oh H, Zhang J, Kwon Y, et al. Maslinic acid ameliorates NMDA receptor blockade-induced schizophrenia-like behaviors in mice. Neuropharmacology. 2017;126:168-178 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that maslinic acid could be a candidate for the treatment of several symptoms of schizophrenia, including positive symptoms, sensorimotor gating disruption, social interaction deficits, and cognitive impairments. ..
- Jeon S, Kim B, Park H, Zhang J, Kwon Y, Kim D, et al. The ameliorating effect of 1-palmitoyl-2-linoleoyl-3-acetylglycerol on scopolamine-induced memory impairment via acetylcholinesterase inhibition and LTP activation. Behav Brain Res. 2017;324:58-65 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study suggests that PLAG reversed memory deficits in an animal model and that it affects biochemical pathways related to learning and memory. ..
- Yi J, Cho S, Jeon S, Jung J, Park M, Kim D, et al. Early immature neuronal death is partially involved in memory impairment induced by cerebral ischemia. Behav Brain Res. 2016;308:75-82 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that early immature neuronal death is partially involved in ischemia-induced spatial memory impairment. ..
- Yi J, Park H, Lee S, Jung J, Kim B, Lee Y, et al. Cassia obtusifolia seed ameliorates amyloid Î²-induced synaptic dysfunction through anti-inflammatory and Akt/GSK-3Î² pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;178:50-7 pubmed publisher..In the in vivo studies performed, COE ameliorated the AÎ²-induced object recognition memory impairment. These results suggest that COE exhibits neuroprotective activities against AÎ²-induced brain disorders. ..
- Song M, Kim D, Kim J, Lee H, Park S, Ryu J, et al. Danggui-Jakyak-San ameliorates memory impairment and increase neurogenesis induced by transient forebrain ischemia in mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:324 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DJS is a possible candidate for the treatment of ischemia-induced neuronal degeneration. ..
- Kim H, Lee H, Jung I, Jeon S, Zhang J, Kwon Y, et al. The memory ameliorating effects of DHP1402, an herbal mixture, on cholinergic blockade-induced cognitive dysfunction in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2018;211:38-46 pubmed publisher..DHP1402 attenuates cholinergic blockade-induced cognitive dysfunction through NMDA receptor modulation, PKA-ERK-CREB pathway activation, and AChE inhibition. Therefore, DHP1402 could be a candidate for alleviating cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Jo S, Jung I, Yi J, Choi T, Lee S, Jung J, et al. Ethanol extract of the seed of Zizyphus jujuba var. spinosa potentiates hippocampal synaptic transmission through mitogen-activated protein kinase, adenylyl cyclase, and protein kinase A pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;200:16-21 pubmed publisher..Finally, DHP1401 facilitated object recognition memory. These results suggest that DHP1401 increase synaptic transmission through increase of synaptic AMPAR transmission via MAPK, AC and PAK. ..