Yunhee Kim Kwon
Affiliation: Kyung Hee University
- Effect of neurotrophic factors on neuronal stem cell deathYunhee Kim Kwon
Department of Biology, Kyunghee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
J Biochem Mol Biol 35:87-93. 2002..Promotion of the long term-survival and differentiation of the transplanted neural precursors by PDGF may facilitate regeneration in the aging adult brain and probably in the injury sites of the brain...
- Distinct effect of neurotrophins delivered simultaneously by an adenoviral vector on neurite outgrowth of neural precursor cells from different regions of the brainMinjoo Yoo
Department of Biology and Department of Life and Nanopharmaceutical Science, Research Institute of Basic Sciences, Kyunghee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:2033-41. 2007..These results suggest more studies in the effect of a combinatorial use of neurotrophins on different sites of brain need to be carried out to develop gene therapy protocols for neurodegenerative diseases...
- Shp2 is involved in neuronal differentiation of hippocampal precursor cellsHak Jae Kim
Department of Biology, Kyunghee University, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:750-4. 2007..These results suggest that Shp2 plays a positive role in mediating PDGF- and BDNF-activated signaling which promotes the formation of dendritic spines...
- Upregulation of amyloid precursor protein by platelet-derived growth factor in hippocampal precursor cellsJung Su Lim
Department of Biology and Life and Nanopharmaceutical Science, Institute of Age related and Brain Disease, Kyunghee University, Korea
Neuroreport 18:1225-9. 2007..These results suggest that the neurotrophic effect of platelet-derived growth factor is mediated in part via upregulation of the expression and release of secreted amyloid precursor protein alpha...
- Wogonin induces differentiation and neurite outgrowth of neural precursor cellsJung Su Lim
Department of Biology, Kyunghee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:42-7. 2010..These data indicate that wogonin induces differentiation of NPCs both in culture and in vivo, and suggest that facilitation of NPC differentiation is a biological activity by which wogonin protects neurons in damaged brain...
- p62 modulates Akt activity via association with PKCzeta in neuronal survival and differentiationInsil Joung
Department of Biology, Hanseo University, Seosan, Chungnam 352 820, Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 334:654-60. 2005..Furthermore, we found that p62 expression was induced during neuronal differentiation. Taken together, the data suggest p62 is a regulator of neuronal cell survival and differentiation...
- Memory improvement in ibotenic acid induced model rats by extracts of Scutellaria baicalensisHwon Heo
Department of Biology, Kyunghee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 122:20-7. 2009..Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi (Labiatae) extracts have been used as traditional Korean medicine, to treat cerebral ischemia in addition to bacterial infection and inflammatory diseases...
- Genetic association between 5'-upstream single-nucleotide polymorphisms of PDGFRB and schizophrenia in a Korean populationHak Jae Kim
Kohwang Medical Research Institute, School of Medicine, Department of Biology, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Schizophr Res 103:201-8. 2008..We conclude that SNPs of the 5'-upstream region of PDGFRB are associated with SCZ in a Korean population. These are weak positives that require future studies to confirm these results...
- The behavior of neural stem cells on biodegradable synthetic polymersSuk Ho Bhang
Department of Bioengineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, South Korea
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 18:223-39. 2007..PLGA also showed favorable results for neurite out-growth of HiB5 cells. The results of this study demonstrate the promising biocompatibility of PLGA as a scaffold for neural stem cell transplantation for nerve regeneration...
- Stable gene expression by self-complementary adeno-associated viruses in human MSCsSung Jin Kim
Department of Microbiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:573-9. 2007..Therefore, the present study strongly supports the promising potential of scAAVs as a technical platform for safe, long-term transgene expression in hMSCs...
- Treatment with hydroxyurea and tyrphostin-1 significantly improves the transduction efficiency of recombinant adeno-associated viruses in human cancer cellsSung Jin Kim
Department of Microbiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Songpa P.O. Box 145, Seoul 138-736, Korea
Oncol Rep 14:1475-9. 2005....
- The effect of brain-derived neurotrophic factor on neuritogenesis and synaptic plasticity in Aplysia neurons and the hippocampal cell line HiB5Seung-Hee Lee
National Research Laboratory of Neurobiology, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-742, Korea
Mol Cells 15:233-9. 2003..In contrast, BDNF in combination with platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) increases the length of the neurites and the number of spine-like structures in cells of HiB5...
- Optimization of vesicular stomatitis virus-G pseudotyped feline immunodeficiency virus vector for minimized cytotoxicity with efficient gene transferJae Jin Song
Institute for Cancer Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Virus Res 93:25-30. 2003..Taken together, our results suggest that the modified VSV-G pseudotyped FIV-based vector efficiently transduce dividing and nondividing human cells with minimal cytotoxicity...