Nam In Baek
Affiliation: Kyung Hee University
- Ko J, Nam Y, Joo S, Kim H, Lee Y, Kang T, et al. Flavonoid 8-O-Glucuronides from the Aerial Parts of Malva verticillata and Their Recovery Effects on Alloxan-Induced Pancreatic Islets in Zebrafish. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the isolation of compounds 1-6 from M. verticillata as well evaluated for anti-diabetic and anti-oxidant ativities. ..
- Ko J, Cho S, Joo S, Kim H, Lee Y, Kang S, et al. Glycosyl glycerides from the aerial parts of Malva verticillata and their chemopreventive effects. Bioorg Chem. 2018;78:381-392 pubmed publisher..The n-BuOH fraction and compounds 1, 2, and 11 increased the number of apoptotic cells in the Tali assay and had a significant effect on the levels of proteins related to apoptosis including PARP, caspase-3, Bcl-2, Bax, and β-actin. ..
- Lee D, Cha B, Lee Y, Kim G, Noh H, Kim S, et al. The potential of minor ginsenosides isolated from the leaves of Panax ginseng as inhibitors of melanogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:1677-90 pubmed publisher..These results from in vitro and in vivo systems suggest that the three aforementioned compounds isolated from Panax ginseng may have potential as new skin whitening compounds. ..
- Park J, Mohamed M, Jung Y, Shrestha S, Lee T, Lee C, et al. Germacrane sesquiterpenes isolated from the rhizome of Curcuma xanthorrhiza Roxb. inhibit UVB-induced upregulation of MMP-1, -2, and -3 expression in human keratinocytes. Arch Pharm Res. 2015;38:1752-60 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this upregulation occurred in a dose-dependent manner over the range of 1-10 Î¼M for each compound. ..
- Jung J, Park J, Lee Y, Seo K, Oh E, Lee D, et al. Three New Isoprenylated Flavonoids from the Root Bark of Morus alba. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..In addition, compounds 1-4 were isolated for the first time from the root bark of M. alba in this study. ..
- Seo K, Lee D, Lee Y, Baek N. Dineolignans of 3-O-4' diphenyl ether-type from fruits of Magnolia obovata. Phytochemistry. 2017;136:133-140 pubmed publisher..Especially, compounds 1-5 include the relatively rare 1,4-benzodioxane ring moiety in the molecular structure. ..
- Lee H, Lee S, Bae G, Baek N, Ryu J. Canadine from Corydalis turtschaninovii Stimulates Myoblast Differentiation and Protects against Myotube Atrophy. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that canadine from C. turtschaninovii stimulates myogenesis and also inhibits muscle protein degradation. Therefore, we suggest canadine as a protective agent against muscle atrophy. ..
- Lee D, Kim H, Lee Y, Kim J, Lee J, Choi B, et al. Isolation and Quantification of Ginsenoside Rh23, a New Anti-Melanogenic Compound from the Leaves of Panax ginseng. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study demonstrated the utility of MS-based compound 1 for the quantitative analysis. Ginsenoside Rh23 (1) was found at a level of 0.31 mg/g in leaves of hydroponic P. ginseng. ..
- Lee J, Kim Y, Park J, Ha S, Kim Y, Baek N, et al. Mulberry fruit extract protects pancreatic β-cells against hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis via antioxidative activity. Molecules. 2014;19:8904-15 pubmed publisher..In addition, ME inhibited DNA condensation and/or fragmentation induced by H2O2. These results suggest that ME protects pancreatic β-cells against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress. ..
- Lee J, Ji S, Lee Y, Choi D, Choi B, Kim G, et al. Mass Spectrometry Based Profiling and Imaging of Various Ginsenosides from Panax ginseng Roots at Different Ages. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..ginseng roots. Furthermore, this study demonstrated the utility of MS-based profiling and imaging of ginsenosides for the quality control of ginseng roots. ..
- Lee J, Choi B, Kim Y, Choi D, Lee Y, Kim G, et al. Comprehensive Profiling and Quantification of Ginsenosides in the Root, Stem, Leaf, and Berry of Panax ginseng by UPLC-QTOF/MS. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that the UPLC-QTOF/MS method can be an effective tool to characterize various ginsenosides from the different parts of P. ginseng. ..