Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Korea University
- Park C, Bae H, Bazer F, Song G, Lim W. Activation of CCL20 and its receptor CCR6 promotes endometrium preparation for implantation and placenta development during the early pregnancy period in pigs. Dev Comp Immunol. 2019;92:35-42 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that CCL20 may improve the endometrial receptivity through inducing proliferative signal transduction in the porcine endometrium during the early gestational period. ..
- Park S, Lim W, Bazer F, Whang K, Song G. Quercetin inhibits proliferation of endometriosis regulating cyclin D1 and its target microRNAs in vitro and in vivo. J Nutr Biochem. 2019;63:87-100 pubmed publisher..Hence, quercetin may potentially act as a natural therapeutic to reduce and treat human endometriosis. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Homosalate aggravates the invasion of human trophoblast cells as well as regulates intracellular signaling pathways including PI3K/AKT and MAPK pathways. Environ Pollut. 2018;243:1263-1273 pubmed publisher..Thus, homosalate adversely affects the survival, proliferation, and invasiveness of human trophoblast cells and therefore pregnant women should practice caution while using personal care products containing homosalate. ..
- Park S, Lim W, Song G. Chrysophanol selectively represses breast cancer cell growth by inducing reactive oxygen species production and endoplasmic reticulum stress via AKT and mitogen-activated protein kinase signal pathways. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;360:201-211 pubmed publisher..These results show that chrysophanol has anti-cancer effects on human breast cancer cells, specifically through mitochondrial apoptosis and ER stress induction. ..
- Park W, Park S, Lim W, Song G. Chrysin disrupts intracellular homeostasis through mitochondria-mediated cell death in human choriocarcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;503:3155-3161 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the anti-cancer effects of chrysin can aid the development of a novel therapeutic strategy against the progression of human choriocarcinomas. ..
- Lim W, Song G. Novel genes and hormonal regulation for gonadal development during embryogenesis in chickens. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;211:20-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel insights into candidate genes regulating gonad development and differentiation. ..
- Lim W, Bae S, Jo G, Bazer F, Choi Y, Song G. Prostaglandin Dâ‚‚ synthase related to estrogen in the female reproductive tract. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;456:355-60 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first evidence that PTGDS is a novel estrogen-stimulated gene in oviductal epithelial cells, as well as a candidate biomarker for diagnosis of ovarian carcinoma. ..
- Lim W, An Y, Yang C, Bazer F, Song G. Trichlorfon inhibits proliferation and promotes apoptosis of porcine trophectoderm and uterine luminal epithelial cells. Environ Pollut. 2018;242:555-564 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that trichlorfon-treated pTr and pLE cells exhibited abnormal cell physiology which might lead to early pregnancy failure. ..
- Lim W, Bae H, Bazer F, Song G. Characterization of C-C motif chemokine ligand 4 in the porcine endometrium during the presence of the maternal-fetal interface. Dev Biol. 2018;441:146-158 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest that CCL4 may improve successful implantation in early pregnancy in pigs. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Avobenzone suppresses proliferative activity of human trophoblast cells and induces apoptosis mediated by mitochondrial disruption. Reprod Toxicol. 2018;81:50-57 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that avobenzone induces mitochondrial dysfunction-mediated apoptosis leading to abnormal placentation during early pregnancy. ..
- Lim W, Song G. Pivotal roles for hormonally regulated expression of the HEP21 gene in the reproductive tract of chickens for oviduct development and in ovarian carcinogenesis. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2014;48:136-44 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, there is increased expression of HEP21 in epithelial-derived ovarian cancer suggesting that HEP21 could be used for diagnosis and monitoring carcinogenesis in laying hens and in women. ..
- Lim W, Jeong W, Song G. Coumestrol suppresses proliferation of ES2 human epithelial ovarian cancer cells. J Endocrinol. 2016;228:149-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, coumestrol exerts chemotherapeutic effects via PI3K and ERK1/2 MAPK pathways and is a potentially novel treatment regimen with enhanced chemoprevention activities against progression of EOC. ..
- Jeong W, Jung S, Bazer F, Song G, Kim J. Epidermal growth factor: Porcine uterine luminal epithelial cell migratory signal during the peri-implantation period of pregnancy. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;420:66-74 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that endometrial- and/or conceptus derived EGF effects migration of uterine LE and that those stimulatory effects are regulated via the ERK1/2 MAPK pathway during early pregnancy in pigs. ..
- Lim W, Yang C, Bazer F, Song G. Chrysophanol Induces Apoptosis of Choriocarcinoma Through Regulation of ROS and the AKT and ERK1/2 Pathways. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:331-339 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 331-339, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Lim W, Song G. Naringenin-induced migration of embrynoic trophectoderm cells is mediated via PI3K/AKT and ERK1/2 MAPK signaling cascades. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;428:28-37 pubmed publisher..Collectively, results of the present study suggest that naringenin supports migration of pTr cells through PI3K/AKT and ERK1/2 MAPK signaling pathways crucial for orchestrating conceptus-uterine interactions. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bae H, Bazer F, Song G. C-C motif chemokine ligand 2 induces proliferation and prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in bovine mammary epithelial cells. J Dairy Sci. 2018;101:4527-4541 pubmed publisher..Collectively, CCL2 is a novel target for improving the quantity and quality of milk from cows through stimulation of proliferation on mammary epithelial cells and attenuation of LPS-induced inflammatory responses. ..
- Lim W, Song G. Characteristics, tissue-specific expression, and hormonal regulation of expression of tyrosine aminotransferase in the avian female reproductive tract. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2016;57:10-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that TAT plays an important role in the cytodifferentiation of oviducts in response to estrogen and in the progression of ovarian cancer in chickens. ..
- Jeong W, Bae H, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Differential expression and functional roles of chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 23 and its receptor chemokine (C-C motif) receptor type 1 in the uterine endometrium during early pregnancy in pigs. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;76:316-325 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, ER stress-related molecules were reduced by CCL23. These results suggest that CCL23-CCR1 signaling is important for endometrial development and establishment of pregnancy in pigs. ..
- Lim W, Bae H, Bazer F, Song G. Cell-specific expression and signal transduction of C-C motif chemokine ligand 2 and atypical chemokine receptors in the porcine endometrium during early pregnancy. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;81:312-323 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results provide novel insights into CCL2-mediated signaling mechanisms in the porcine endometrium at the maternal-fetal interface during early pregnancy. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Down-regulation of stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 increases susceptibility to palmitic-acid-induced lipotoxicity in human trophoblast cells. J Nutr Biochem. 2018;54:35-47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest potential roles of SCD1 and DGAT1 in alleviating the toxicity of PA and maintaining lipid homeostasis for normal placentation. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Propyl gallate induces cell death and inhibits invasion of human trophoblasts by blocking the AKT and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109:497-504 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that PG exerts harmful effects on human trophoblasts; therefore, exposure to PG in early pregnancy is predicted to cause abnormal implantation and placental development. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Myricetin suppresses invasion and promotes cell death in human placental choriocarcinoma cells through induction of oxidative stress. Cancer Lett. 2017;399:10-19 pubmed publisher..Collectively, results of the present study provide strong evidence for the potential of myricetin to be an effective therapeutic for the prevention of human placental choriocarcinomas. ..
- Lim W, Yang C, Bazer F, Song G. Luteolin Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis of Human Placental Choriocarcinoma Cells by Blocking the PI3K/AKT Pathway and Regulating Sterol Regulatory Element Binding Protein Activity. Biol Reprod. 2016;95:82 pubmed..Collectively, these results showed that luteolin plays an important role in the treatment of human choriocarcinoma cells by inhibiting the PI3K/AKT/mTOR/SREBP cascade and expression of lipogenic genes. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bae H, Song G. Aquaporin 3 is regulated by estrogen in the chicken oviduct and is involved in progression of epithelial cell-derived ovarian carcinomas. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2016;55:97-106 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest AQP3 as a new diagnostic for early detection and treatment of epithelial cell-derived ovarian carcinomas. ..
- Jeong J, Bae H, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Diethylstilbestrol regulates expression of avian apolipoprotein D during regression and recrudescence of the oviduct and epithelial-derived ovarian carcinogenesis. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2015;52:82-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, up-regulated expression of APOD in epithelial cell-derived ovarian cancerous tissue suggests that it could be a candidate biomarker for early detection and treatment of ovarian cancer in laying hens and in women. ..
- Lim W, Bae H, Sohn J, Jeong W, Kim S, Song G. Dietary cholesterol affects expression of prostatic acid phosphatase in reproductive organs of male rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;456:421-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Acpp plays an important role in growth and development of the penis of rats, and its expression is modulated at epigenomic levels via specific miRs. ..
- Lim W, Song G. Differential expression of vitelline membrane outer layer protein 1: hormonal regulation of expression in the oviduct and in ovarian carcinomas from laying hens. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;399:250-8 pubmed publisher..Results of the present study suggest that VMO1 is regulated by estrogen and target microRNAs in the chicken oviduct and that it is a potential diagnostic marker of ovarian cancer in laying hens. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Decanoic acid suppresses proliferation and invasiveness of human trophoblast cells by disrupting mitochondrial function. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;339:121-132 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that personal products containing DA will have harmful effects on human trophoblasts, and could cause implantation and placentation failure during early pregnancy. ..