Min Jeong Shin
Affiliation: Korea University
- Hu H, Moon J, Chung J, Kim O, Yu R, Shin M. Arginase inhibition ameliorates adipose tissue inflammation in mice with diet-induced obesity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:840-7 pubmed publisher..These results may indicate that arginase inhibition ameliorates obesity-induced adipose tissue inflammation. ..
- Cho Y, Shin S, Shin M. Sarcopenic obesity is associated with lower indicators of psychological health and quality of life in Koreans. Nutr Res. 2015;35:384-92 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that SO was associated with adverse psychological health and lower QoL more than body mass index-based general obesity. ..
- Do H, Chung J, Hwang J, Kim O, Lee J, Shin M. 1-deoxynojirimycin isolated from Bacillus subtilis improves hepatic lipid metabolism and mitochondrial function in high-fat-fed mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2015;75:1-7 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insight into the protective effect of DNJ supplementation against obesity-induced hepatic lipid abnormalities and mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Kim O, Jung Y, Cho Y, Chung J, Hwang G, Shin M. Altered heart and kidney phospholipid fatty acid composition are associated with cardiac hypertrophy in hypertensive rats. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:1111-1117 pubmed publisher..05) and negatively with kidney EPA (r=-0.575, p<0.05). Tissue FA compositions were associated with cardiac hypertrophy in a hypertensive setting, implicating the pathogenic role of tissue FAs in hypertension and related complications. ..
- Chung H, Cho Y, Do H, Oh K, Seo W, Shin M. Plasma phospholipid arachidonic acid and lignoceric acid are associated with the risk of cardioembolic stroke. Nutr Res. 2015;35:1001-8 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, plasma phospholipid FA composition was associated with CE stroke risk in Korean population, with higher proportions of elaidic acid and arachidonic acid and lower proportion of lignoceric acid in CE stroke. ..
- Cho Y, Kwak S, Lewis S, Wade K, Relton C, Smith G, et al. Exploring the utility of alcohol flushing as an instrumental variable for alcohol intake in Koreans. Sci Rep. 2018;8:458 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study supports a causal effect of alcohol intake on hypertension and indicated that alcohol flushing may be a valid proxy for the ALDH2 rs671 polymorphism, which influences alcohol intake in this Korean population. ..
- Cho Y, Cudhea F, Park J, Mozaffarian D, Singh G, Shin M. Burdens of Cardiometabolic Diseases Attributable to Dietary and Metabolic Risks in Korean Adults 2012-2013. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:540-551 pubmed publisher..The findings provide the necessary information to develop targeted government interventions to improve cardiometabolic health at the population level. ..
- Park K, Son J, Jang J, Kang R, Chung H, Lee K, et al. Unprocessed Meat Consumption and Incident Cardiovascular Diseases in Korean Adults: The Korean Genome and Epidemiology Study (KoGES). Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..A significant inverse association between poultry consumption and incident CVD was observed in Korean adults, requiring further confirmation in other populations. ..
- Shin M, Cho Y, Davey Smith G. Alcohol Consumption, Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 2 Gene Polymorphisms, and Cardiovascular Health in Korea. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:689-696 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, strategies that incorporate genetic information and provide an evidential basis from which to help people make informed decisions on alcohol consumption are urgently required. ..
- Moon J, Kim O, Jo G, Shin M. Alterations in Circulating Amino Acid Metabolite Ratio Associated with Arginase Activity Are Potential Indicators of Metabolic Syndrome: The Korean Genome and Epidemiology Study. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that altered ratios of circulating amino acid metabolites indicates increased arginase activity and decreased arginine bioavailability, both of which can be potential markers for MetS risk. ..
- Chung H, Kim O, Kwak S, Cho Y, Lee K, Shin M. Household Food Insecurity Is Associated with Adverse Mental Health Indicators and Lower Quality of Life among Koreans: Results from the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2012-2013. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, food insecurity may be significantly associated with adverse mental health indicators and decreased QOL in young/middle-aged Koreans. ..