S K Jo
Affiliation: Korea University
- Interleukin-10 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha polymorphisms in vascular access failure in patients on hemodialysis: preliminary data in KoreaSu Ah Sung
Division of Nephrology, Eulji Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:89-93. 2008..This study could not demonstrate a relationship between genetic polymorphisms and vascular access failure. However, an altered immune response and inflammation might contribute to vascular access failure...
- IL-10 mediates rosiglitazone-induced kidney protection in cisplatin nephrotoxicityMyung Gyu Kim
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 25:557-63. 2010..These findings suggest that the rosiglitazone-mediated renoprotective effect in cisplatin nephrotoxicity of mice is partially mediated by upregulation of anti-inflammatory IL-10 production...
- alpha-Melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH) decreases cyclosporine a induced apoptosis in cultured human proximal tubular cellsS K Jo
Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, The Institute of Renal Disease, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 16:603-9. 2001....
- alpha-MSH decreases apoptosis in ischaemic acute renal failure in rats: possible mechanism of this beneficial effectS K Jo
Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:1583-91. 2001..The observed beneficial effect of alpha-MSH could be related to these mechanisms...
- Clinical outcomes in kidney transplantation patients from deceased donors with acute kidney injuryC W Jung
Department of Surgery, Korea University Anam Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Transplant Proc 45:2941-5. 2013..This single-center study sought to examine the clinical outcomes of kidney transplant recipients from donors displaying acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- Urine liver-type fatty acid-binding protein predicts graft outcome up to 2 years after kidney transplantationJ Yang
Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Anam Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Transplant Proc 46:376-80. 2014..In the present study, we further investigated the value of urinary NGAL and liver-type fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) for predicting long-term graft outcomes up to 2 years...
- Sjögren's syndrome with acute renal failureY J Kwon
Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University, Seoul
J Korean Med Sci 13:665-9. 1998..We report this case which exhibited various unusual manifestations with a review of literature...
- Protein-losing enteropathy with an endoscopic feature of 'the watermelon colon'Y T Bak
Division of Gastroenterology, Korea University Guro Hospital, Seoul
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:565-7. 1999..Steroid could be withdrawn after 7 months of therapy, and the patient has remained free of symptoms for 1 year of follow-up after withdrawal of the steroid...
- A case of Rathke's Cleft Cyst inflammation presenting with diabetes insipidusJ W Yoon
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 16:132-5. 2001..Recently we experienced a case of RCC inflammation presenting with diabetes insipidus and treated with transsphenoidal surgery. To our knowledge, this is the first report of RCC presenting with symptoms of diabetes insipidus in Korea...
- Urine neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin predicts graft outcome up to 1 year after kidney transplantationH M Choi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Medical College, Seoul, Korea
Transplant Proc 45:122-8. 2013....
- Churg-Strauss syndrome in a child with IgA nephropathyH E Yim
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Clin Nephrol 71:306-9. 2009..We report a 12-year-old boy with CSS associated with IgA nephropathy that developed while tapering oral steroids. The patient had a history of the nephrotic syndrome and asthma...
- Renal biopsy in elderly patients: clinicopathological correlation in 117 Korean patientsJ H Shin
Department of Internal Medicine, Guro Hospital, Korea University, Seoul
Clin Nephrol 56:19-26. 2001..CONCLUSION: Percutaneous renal biopsy is a useful diagnostic aid and can be used as a therapeutic guideline even in elderly patients with renal disease...
- Prevention of uncuffed hemodialysis catheter-related bacteremia using an antibiotic lock technique: a prospective, randomized clinical trialS H Kim
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Kidney Int 69:161-4. 2006..The results suggest that ALT may be a beneficial means of reducing the CRB rate in hemodialysis patients with UC...
- Relationship between body composition and bone mineral density (BMD) in perimenopausal Korean womenC J Kim
Department of Endocrinology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital Sungkyunkwan University, School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 71:18-26. 2009..To determine which component of body composition is most important to bone health, we analysed the relationship between elements of the body composition and bone mineral density (BMD) in Korean women...