Geum Sook Hwang
Affiliation: Korea Basic Science Institute
- Lee J, Choi J, Kwon Y, Lee D, Jung H, Ryu H, et al. Changes in serum metabolites with the stage of chronic kidney disease: Comparison of diabetes and non-diabetes. Clin Chim Acta. 2016;459:123-131 pubmed publisher..Metabolomics is useful clinically for providing a metabolic signature that is associated with the CKD phenotype and diabetes more seriously affects patients with early stage CKD compared to those with advanced CKD. ..
- Jung Y, Hyeon J, Hwang G. Software-assisted serum metabolite quantification using NMR. Anal Chim Acta. 2016;934:194-202 pubmed publisher..The SASMeQ method will advance NMR-based serum metabolic profiling by providing an accurate and reliable method for absolute quantification that is superior to bin-based quantification. ..
- Jung S, Song S, Lee S, Kim S, Ann S, Cheon E, et al. Metabolic phenotyping of human atherosclerotic plaques: Metabolic alterations and their biological relevance in plaque-containing aorta. Atherosclerosis. 2018;269:21-28 pubmed publisher..Our study provides insight into the disease mechanism and potential markers of atherosclerosis through comprehensive metabolic profiling of human aortic tissue samples containing plaque. ..
- Nam M, Jung Y, Ryu D, Hwang G. A metabolomics-driven approach reveals metabolic responses and mechanisms in the rat heart following myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol. 2017;227:239-246 pubmed publisher..The comprehensive integration of various omics data provides a novel means of understanding the underlying pathophysiological mechanisms of MI. ..
- Kim N, Jung Y, Nam M, Sun Kang M, Lee M, Cho Y, et al. Angiotensin II affects inflammation mechanisms via AMPK-related signalling pathways in HL-1 atrial myocytes. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10328 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new molecular targets for the development of therapeutics for inflammation-related conditions, such as atrial fibrillation. ..
- Lee J, Jung S, Kim N, Shin M, Ryu D, Hwang G. Myocardial metabolic alterations in mice with diet-induced atherosclerosis: linking sulfur amino acid and lipid metabolism. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13597 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the SAA metabolic pathway is a promising therapeutic target for CVD treatment and that metabolomics can be used to investigate the metabolic signature of atherosclerosis. ..
- Nam M, Choi M, Choi J, Kim N, Kim M, Jung S, et al. Effect of green tea on hepatic lipid metabolism in mice fed a high-fat diet. J Nutr Biochem. 2018;51:1-7 pubmed publisher..This study showed abnormal changes in lipid species associated with obesity, and these levels were attenuated by GT intake, suggesting a relationship between the reduction of hepatic LPL levels and inflammation in obesity. ..