Affiliation: Korea Food Research Institute
- Effect of transferrin on enhancing bioavailability of ironInwook Choi
Korea Food Research Institute, Seongnam si, Kyunggi Do, Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:578-83. 2004..Results of the animal experiment for comparing bioavailabilities of different irons showed that irons in Fe-transferrin extract was most efficiently absorbed and incorporated into hemoglobin generation in anemic rats...
- Stimulation of various functions in murine peritoneal macrophages by glucans produced by glucosyltransferases from Streptococcus mutansInwook Choi
Korea Food Research Institute, Kyunggi do 463 420, Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:1693-9. 2005..The cytotoxicity of peritoneal macrophages against B16 tumor cells was significantly enhanced by 25-38% during 15 days of oral administration. These results may indicate that soluble glucan stimulates the immune functions of macrophages...
- Effect of partially hydrolyzed soluble glucan produced by glucosyltrasferases of Streptococcus mutans on stimulating human T cellInwook Choi
Korea Food Research Institute, San 46 1, Bundang gu, Sungnam si, Kyunggi Do, 463 746, Korea
Biofactors 26:1-5. 2006..These results indicate that stimulation of human T cells by hydrolyzed glucan is probably caused by its effects on stimulating gene expression of IL-2 and IL-2R of human T cell...
- Anti-adipogenic activity of rutin in 3T3-L1 cells and mice fed with high-fat dietInwook Choi
Korea Food Research Institute, San 46 1, Bundang gu, Sungnam si, Kyunggi Do 463 746, Korea
Biofactors 26:273-81. 2006..These results indicate that rutin inhibits adipogenic development in pre-adipocytes and hepatocytes by down regulating expressions of key adipogenic transcription factors...
- Suppressive effects of germinated buckwheat on development of fatty liver in mice fed with high-fat dietI Choi
Division of Food Resource Utilization, Korea Food Research Institute, San 46 1, Baekhyun dong, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Kyunggi do 463 420, Korea
Phytomedicine 14:563-7. 2007..These results suggest that germinated buckwheat has potent anti-fatty liver activities caused partially by suppressing the gene expression of certain adipogenic transcription factors like PPARgamma and C/EBPalpha in hepatocytes...
- Anti-obesity activities of fermented soygerm isoflavones by Bifidobacterium breveInwook Choi
Korea Food Research Institute, Sungnam si, Kyunggi Do, 463 746, Korea
Biofactors 29:105-12. 2007..In conclusion, B. breve successfully converted soygerm isoflavones into their aglycones, and these aglycones were more effective in suppressing lipid absorption as well as adipocytes differentiation than their glycosides...