Y C Hong
Affiliation: Inha University
- Enhancement of DNA damage and involvement of reactive oxygen species after exposure to bitumen with UVA irradiationY C Hong
Department of Preventive Medicine, Inha University Medical College, 253 Yonghyun Dong, Nam Gu, Inchon 402 751, South Korea
Mutat Res 426:63-9. 1999..This fact indicates that bitumen and UVA may be involved in genotoxic processes by producing oxygen free radicals and that combined exposure enhances these effects...
- Air pollution and daily mortality in Inchon, KoreaY C Hong
Department of Preventive Medicine, Inha University, College of Medicine, Inchon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 14:239-44. 1999..Associations with gaseous pollutants were all statistically insignificant in the generalized additive model. The relative risk of death increased at particulate levels that were well below the current Korean Ambient Air Quality Standard...
- Variations in urinary 1-hydroxypyrene glucuronide in relation to smoking and the modification effects of GSTM1 and GSTT1Y C Hong
Department of Preventive Medicine, Inha University Medical College, Inchon, South Korea
Toxicol Lett 108:217-23. 1999..On the other hand, 1-OHPG excretion was higher in GSTT1-positive smokers than in GSTT1-deficient smokers. It is important to note the variability of individual PAH metabolite excretion due to different GSTM1 and GSTT1 genotypes...
- Influence of genetic susceptibility on the urinary excretion of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine of firefightersY C Hong
Department of Preventive Medicine, Inha University College of Medicine, Inchon, Korea
Occup Environ Med 57:370-5. 2000..The DNA damage can be assessed from the urinary excretion of the DNA-repair product 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine (8-OH-dG). The factors were investigated that influenced the excretion of urinary 8-OH-dG in 78 firefighters...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes of bone morphogenetic protein genes and peripheral bone mineral density in young Korean men and womenJ Y Choi
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, South Korea
Calcif Tissue Int 78:203-11. 2006..However, this association is dependent on anatomical sites and gender. Thus, larger studies with complete coverage of SNPs are needed in the future...
- Air pollution and daily mortality in seven major cities of Korea, 1991-1997J T Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Environ Res 84:247-54. 2000..In conclusion, increased mortality was associated with air pollution at SO(2) levels below the current recommendation for air quality. Further research is needed to clarify the relationship between SO(2) and fine particles in Korea...
- Influence of maternal serum levels of vitamins C and E during the second trimester on birth weight and lengthB E Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:1365-71. 2004..However, the association between antioxidant vitamin levels and birth outcomes is not conclusive. We investigated the relationship between maternal serum levels of vitamins C and E during the second trimester and birth weight and length...
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of Helicobacter pylori eradication for iron-deficiency anemia in preadolescent children and adolescentsY H Choe
Department of Pediatrics, Inha University Hospital, Inchon, Korea
Helicobacter 4:135-9. 1999..A few cases relating H. pylori infection to iron-deficiency anemia have been described recently. We investigated the role of H. pylori infection in iron-deficiency anemia in preadolescent children and adolescents...
- Helicobacter pylori infection with iron deficiency anaemia and subnormal growth at pubertyY H Choe
Department of Pediatrics, Inha University Hospital, Inha University College of Medicine, 7 206, 3 Ga, Shinheung Dong, Jung Gu, Inchon 400 103, Korea
Arch Dis Child 82:136-40. 2000..Therefore, H pylori infection accompanied by iron deficiency anaemia, rather than H pylori infection per se, might delay pubertal growth...
- CagA-producing Helicobacter pylori and increased risk of gastric cancer: a nested case-control study in KoreaJ Gwack
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, 110 799, Korea
Br J Cancer 95:639-41. 2006..pylori-infected subjects (OR=3.57, 95% CI 1.05-12.14)...
- SULT1E1 genetic polymorphisms modified the association between phytoestrogen consumption and bone mineral density in healthy Korean womenS A Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon dong Chongno gu, Seoul 110 799, South Korea
Calcif Tissue Int 79:152-9. 2006....
- Exposure to air pollution during different gestational phases contributes to risks of low birth weightB E Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Ewha Medical Research Center, Ewha Womans University, 911 1, Mok 6 Dong, Yangcheon Gu, Seoul, Korea 158 710
Hum Reprod 18:638-43. 2003..Although there have been growing concerns about the adverse effects of air pollution on birth outcomes, little is known about which specific exposure times of specific pollutants contribute to low birth weight (LBW)...