- An 800-year record of atmospheric As, Mo, Sn, and Sb in central Asia in high-altitude ice cores from Mt. Qomolangma (Everest), HimalayasSungmin Hong
Korea Polar Research Institute, Songdo Techno Park, Yeonsu gu, Incheon 406 840, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 43:8060-5. 2009..Our central Himalayan ice core record provides an explicit recognition of rising atmospheric As, Mo, Sn, and Sb pollution in response to rapid economic growth in central Asia...
- Isotopic signatures for natural versus anthropogenic Pb in high-altitude Mt. Everest ice cores during the past 800 yearsKhanghyun Lee
Korea Polar Research Institute, Songdo Techno Park, 7 50, Songdo Dong, Yeonsu gu, Incheon 406 840, South Korea
Sci Total Environ 412:194-202. 2011..Although the reason for this feature remains uncertain, it would be probably linked with an increasing influence of anthropogenic Pb emitted from other sources such as fossil fuel combustion and non-ferrous metal production...
- Atmospheric pollution for trace elements in the remote high-altitude atmosphere in central Asia as recorded in snow from Mt. Qomolangma (Everest) of the HimalayasKhanghyun Lee
Korea Polar Research Institute, Songdo Techno Park, 7 50, Songdo Dong, Yeonsu gu, Incheon 406 840, Republic of Korea
Sci Total Environ 404:171-81. 2008....
- Glacial-interglacial changes in the occurrence of Pb, Cd, Cu and Zn in Vostok Antarctic ice from 240 000 to 410 000 years BPSungmin Hong
Korea Polar Research Institute, KORDI, Ansan, PO Box 29, Seoul, 425 600, Korea
J Environ Monit 7:1326-31. 2005..The contribution from volcanic emissions was important for Cd during all periods and might have been significant for Cu and Zn during warm periods...
- Atmospheric heavy metals in tropical South America during the past 22,000 years recorded in a high altitude ice core from Sajama, BoliviaSungmin Hong
Korea Polar Research Institute, Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute, Ansan, Seoul, Korea
J Environ Monit 6:322-6. 2004..For metals such as Cu, Zn, Ag and Cd an important contribution was from metal production activities, with a continuous increase of production during the 20th century in countries such as Peru, Chile and Bolivia...
- Deposition of organochlorine pesticides into the surface snow of East AntarcticaJung Ho Kang
Korea Polar Research Institute, Get pearl Tower, Songdo Techno Park, 12 Gaetbeol ro, Yeonsu gu, Incheon, 406 840, Republic of Korea
Sci Total Environ 433:290-5. 2012..Our data suggest that the snow of Antarctica contains low levels of OCPs...