Affiliation: Hanyang University
- Jin Y, Park Y. N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and 17Î²-estradiol injection induce antidepressant-like effects through regulation of serotonergic neurotransmission in ovariectomized rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26:970-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both n-3 PUFA and E2 had antidepressant-like effects by regulating serotonergic neurotransmission through BDNF and inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Park Y, Lim J, Kwon Y, Lee J. Correlation of erythrocyte fatty acid composition and dietary intakes with markers of atherosclerosis in patients with myocardial infarction. Nutr Res. 2009;29:391-6 pubmed publisher..However, these findings need further investigation in randomized controlled clinical trials before public health recommendations for atherosclerosis prevention can be made. ..
- Park Y, Lee A, Shim S, Lee J, Choe J, Ahn H, et al. Effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a 16-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-design multicenter study in Korea. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:1367-72 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that n-3 PUFA supplementation has no significant effect on RA but may decrease the requirement for NSAIDs in Korean patients with RA who weigh more than 55 kg. ..
- Lee J, Baek H, Kim S, Park Y. Association between estimated total daily energy expenditure and stage of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Nutrition. 2017;33:181-186 pubmed publisher..Additionally, among the five equations for TDEE, TDEE 2 could be the best for evaluating the nutritional status of patients with ALS. ..
- Kwon S, Ha Y, Park Y. High dietary sodium intake is associated with low bone mass in postmenopausal women: Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2008-2011. Osteoporos Int. 2017;28:1445-1452 pubmed publisher..The present study suggested that high sodium intake could be a potential risk factor for low bone mass after adjusting for confounding factors in postmenopausal women. ..
- Kang S, Chang J, Park Y. Nutritional Status Predicts 10-Year Mortality in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease on Hemodialysis. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that higher MIS and lower energy intake are harmful to ESRD patients on maintenance hemodialysis. Optimal energy intake could reduce mortality in these patients. ..
- Choi J, Park Y. EPA and DHA, but not ALA, have antidepressant effects with 17β-estradiol injection via regulation of a neurobiological system in ovariectomized rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2017;49:101-109 pubmed publisher..Supplementation with n-3 PUFA and E had the additional function of modulating neurometabolites in the hippocampus. ..
- Park Y, Kim D, Lee J, Kim Y, Jeong Y, Lee K, et al. Association between diet and gallstones of cholesterol and pigment among patients with cholecystectomy: a case-control study in Korea. J Health Popul Nutr. 2017;36:39 pubmed publisher..The present study suggested consumption of fat from meat and fried foods increased the risk of cholesterol gallstone, and intake of carbohydrate from noodles increased the risk of pigment gallstone. ..
- Park Y, Kim M, Baek D, Kim S. Erythrocyte n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid and seafood intake decrease the risk of depression: case-control study in Korea. Ann Nutr Metab. 2012;61:25-31 pubmed publisher..The risk of depression could be decreased with increased erythrocyte levels of n-3 PUFA and saturated fatty acids, as well as seafood intake, but decreased erythrocyte levels of trans fatty acids in Koreans. ..