Jin Joo Kim
Affiliation: Gachon Medical School
- Hormonal responses upon return of spontaneous circulation after cardiac arrest: a retrospective cohort studyJin Joo Kim
1Department of Emergency Medicine, Gachon University Gil Hospital, 1198Guwoldong Namdonggu Incheon 405 760, South Korea
Crit Care 15:R53. 2011..Cardiac arrest is often fatal and can be extremely stressful to patients, even if spontaneous rhythm is returned. The purpose of this study was to analyze the hormonal response after return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC)...
- Testosterone related good neurologic outcome on the patients with return of spontaneous circulation after cardiac arrest: a prospective cohort studyJin Joo Kim
Department of Emergency Medicine, Gachon University Gil Hospital, Incheon, South Korea
Resuscitation 84:645-50. 2013..To evaluate the gonadal hormones in patients with return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) after cardiac arrest following prospectively good (cerebral-performance category [CPC] 1-2) and poor (CPC 3-5) neurologic outcomes...
- Effectiveness of each target body temperature during therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrestJin Joo Kim
Department of Emergency Medicine, Gachon University Gil Hospital, Incheon, Korea
Am J Emerg Med 29:148-54. 2011..In this study, we prospectively evaluated the outcome and adverse effects following 3 target temperatures (32°C, 33°C, and 34°C) during therapeutic hypothermia with ROSC after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest...
- Blood ammonia is a predictive biomarker of neurologic outcome in cardiac arrest patients treated with therapeutic hypothermiaYoung Mo Cho
Department of Emergency Medicine, Gachon University Gil Hospital, Incheon 405 760, South Korea
Am J Emerg Med 30:1395-401. 2012....
- Factors associated with pneumonia in post-cardiac arrest patients receiving therapeutic hypothermiaJae Hyug Woo
Department of Emergency Medicine, Gachon University Gil Medical Center, 1198, Guwol dong, Namdong gu, Incheon, 405 760, South Korea
Am J Emerg Med 32:150-5. 2014..The aim of this study is to investigate risk factors associated with the development of pneumonia during the first 7 days of admission in survivors of cardiac arrest receiving therapeutic hypothermia...
- Comparison of Epidemiology, Emergency Care, and Outcomes of Acute Ischemic Stroke between Young Adults and Elderly in Korean Population: A Multicenter Observational StudyWon Bin Park
Department of Emergency Medicine, Gachon University Gil Medical Center, Incheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 29:985-91. 2014..001). Higher number of patients in elderly group (68.1%) showed worsening change of modified Rankin Scale than young adults (65.2%). Young adults ischemic stroke showed favorable hospital outcomes than the elderly in Korean population. ..
- Combined epidural emphysema and nonsurgical pneumoperitoneum after blunt trauma: report of two cases and review of the literatureJin Joo Kim
Department of Emergency Medicine, Gil Medical Center, Gachon University, Incheon, Korea
J Trauma 67:E183-6. 2009..We report two cases of combined traumatic epidural emphysema and nonsurgical pneumoperitoneum in patients with pneumothorax, pneumomediastinum, and extensive subcutaneous emphysema after blunt trauma...
- Fever phobia in Korean caregivers and its clinical implicationsYoung Ho Kwak
Department of Emergency Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 28:1639-44. 2013..5%), 66 (8.8%), and 58 (7.8%) caregivers, respectively. Four hundred ninety-four (66.2%) guardians woke children to give antipyretics. These findings suggest that fever phobia is a substantial burden for Korean caregivers. ..