Affiliation: Ewha Womans University
- Individuals with type 2 diabetes and depressive symptoms exhibited lower adherence with self-careHyesook Park
Department of Preventive Medicine, Medical Research Center, Medical College, Ewha Womans University, 911 1 Mok 6 dong, Yangcheon Gu, Seoul 158 710, Republic of Korea
J Clin Epidemiol 57:978-84. 2004..Our study aimed to determine whether depressive symptoms are associated with poor self-care behaviors among patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Oxidative stress-related gene interactions with preterm delivery in Korean womenYoung Ju Suh
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Medical Research Center, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:541.e1-7. 2008..This study was undertaken to identify gene-gene interactions and haplotypes that increase the risk of preterm delivery...
- Optimal waist circumference for prediction of metabolic syndrome in young Korean women with polycystic ovary syndromeJee Young Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:593-7. 2010..Therefore, PCOS women with a WC over 70 cm should be closely monitored for the development of MS...
- Paraoxonase gene polymorphism, serum lipid, and oxidized low-density lipoprotein in preeclampsiaYoung Ju Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 133:47-52. 2007..We aimed also to evaluate serum oxidized LDL levels in normal and preeclampsia patients...
- Association of air pollution with school absenteeism due to illnessHyesook Park
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Ewha Woman s University, 911 1, Mok 6 Dong, Yangcheon Ku, Seoul, 158 710, Korea
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:1235-9. 2002..To assess the association of air pollution and school absenteeism among elementary students...
- No association of the genetic polymorphisms of endothelial nitric oxide synthase, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase, and vascular endothelial growth factor with preeclampsia in Korean populationsYoung Ju Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Twin Res Hum Genet 11:77-83. 2008..Polymorphisms in eNOS, DDAH, and VEGF gene do not seem to be risk factors for preeclampsia...
- Paraoxonase gene polymorphism and vitamin levels during pregnancy: Relationship with maternal oxidative stress and neonatal birthweightsJungwon Min
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Reprod Toxicol 22:418-24. 2006..Our data demonstrate that oxidative stress and neonatal birthweight are affected by maternal levels of Vitamins C and E in subjects with a PON polymorphism...
- Cytochrome P450IA1 polymorphisms along with PM(10) exposure contribute to the risk of birth weight reductionYoung Ju Suh
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Ewha Medical Research Center, Ewha Womans University, Yangcheon Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Reprod Toxicol 24:281-8. 2007..In conclusion, high PM(10) exposure during the 1st trimester increased the risk for reduced BW in concert with MspI TC/CC and NcoI IleVal/ValVal genotypes in Korean women...
- [Clustering of metabolic risk factors and its related risk factors in young schoolchildren]Kyoung Ae Kong
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Ewha Womans University
J Prev Med Pub Health 39:235-42. 2006..These results suggest that evaluation of metabolic risk factors and intervention for lifestyle factors may be needed in both young Korean children and their parents...
- The risk of folate and vitamin B(12) deficiencies associated with hyperhomocysteinemia among pregnant womenHyesook Park
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Am J Perinatol 21:469-75. 2004..The vitamin B (12) level associated with hyperhomocysteinemia was lower in pregnant subjects than in nonpregnant subjects in this study, indicating that pregnant women require vitamin B (12) supplementation...
- Risk factors for benign prostatic hyperplasia in South Korean menJuhee Hong
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Urol Int 76:11-9. 2006....
- Combined effects of noise and mixed solvents exposure on the hearing function among workers in the aviation industryJeongyoun Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, 911-1, Mok-6-dong, Yangcheon-ku, Seoul 158-060, Korea
Ind Health 43:567-73. 2005..These suggest that chronic exposure to mixed solvents had a toxic effect on the auditory system. This raises the issue of whether hearing conservation regulations should be applied to all workers exposed to solvents...
- Health risk factors among Iowa farmersHyesook Park
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
J Rural Health 18:286-93. 2002..39, 95% CI 0.18-0.82), or to have had stool blood screening for colorectal cancer (OR = 0.41, 95% CI 0.1 7-1.00). These results suggest areas for future research to define targeted preventive interventions in farm communities...
- Risk factors for machinery-related injury among Iowa farmers: a case-control study nested in the Agricultural Health StudyNancy L Sprince
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City 52242 5000, USA
Int J Occup Environ Health 8:332-8. 2002..These findings may be useful for future interventions to decrease injuries related to farm machinery...
- Risk factors for animal-related injury among Iowa large-livestock farmers: a case-control study nested in the Agricultural Health StudyNancy L Sprince
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242 5000, USA
J Rural Health 19:165-73. 2003..Although farmers are at risk for injuries from contact with large livestock, few previous studies have examined risk factors for animal-related injuries...
- Prevalence and risk factors for erectile dysfunction in Korean men: results of an epidemiological studyTai Young Ahn
Department of Urology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Sex Med 4:1269-76. 2007..The prevalence of erectile dysfunction (ED) and associated risk factors has been described in many countries, but there are still only a few studies from Asia...
- An experimental comparison of rater performance on an SP-based clinical skills examJae Jin Han
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Ewha Womans University Medical College, Seoul, Korea
Teach Learn Med 18:304-9. 2006..Discussion-based expert training yielded no improvements in expert rater performance, and expert checklist scores generated more reliable results than the expert global rating scores...
- Characterization of agricultural tasks performed by youth in the Keokuk County Rural Health StudyHyesook Park
College of Public Health, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Appl Occup Environ Hyg 18:418-29. 2003..These results suggest the need for implementing guidelines, particularly for age appropriate agricultural tasks...
- Air pollution and hospital admissions for ischemic heart diseases among individuals 64+ years of age residing in Seoul, KoreaJong Tae Lee
Department of Public Health and Management, Graduate School, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Arch Environ Health 58:617-23. 2003....
- [Relationship of socioeconomic factors with medical utilization for lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia in a South Korean community]Han-Hae Kim
Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs
J Prev Med Pub Health 39:141-8. 2006..24, 95% CI = 1.14-9.21). CONCLUSIONS: Many men with urinary symptoms do not visit a doctor. This medical underutilization for people with LUTS and BPH may be associated with economic status in Korea...
- Occupational health services for small-scale enterprises in KoreaHyesook Park
Department of Preventive Medicine, Ewha Medical Research Center, Ewha Womans University Medical College, Seoul, Korea
Ind Health 40:1-6. 2002..In addition, this program may be a good model for rapidly developing countries...