Hee Sun Kim
Affiliation: Ewha Womans University
- Lee E, Kim H. The anti-inflammatory role of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated microglia. J Neuroinflammation. 2014;11:116 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrated that TIMP-2 exerts a neuroprotective effect via the inhibition of microglial activation. Enhancement of TIMP-2 expression may be a potential therapeutic target for neuroinflammatory disorders...
- Han J, Lee E, Moon E, Ryu J, Choi J, Kim H. Matrix Metalloproteinase-8 is a Novel Pathogenetic Factor in Focal Cerebral Ischemia. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:231-239 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel pathogenetic role of MMP8 and implicate modulation of its activity as a tractable strategy for therapies against cerebral ischemia. ..
- Jung J, Ahn Y, Moon B, Kim H. Exogenous C2 Ceramide Suppresses Matrix Metalloproteinase Gene Expression by Inhibiting ROS Production and MAPK Signaling Pathways in PMA-Stimulated Human Astroglioma Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:477 pubmed publisher..The results suggest C2 ceramide inhibits MMP expression and glioma invasion, at least partly, by modulating ROS-p38 MAPK signaling axis and other MAPK signaling pathways. ..
- Park J, Lee Y, Kim J, Seo H, Kim H. ?-Lapachone increases phase II antioxidant enzyme expression via NQO1-AMPK/PI3K-Nrf2/ARE signaling in rat primary astrocytes. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;97:168-178 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest that ?-LAP increases antioxidant enzyme gene expression in astrocytes by modulating NQO1-AMPK/PI3K-Nrf2/ARE signaling. ..
- Jeong Y, Park J, Kim D, Kang J, Kim H. Anti-inflammatory mechanism of lonchocarpine in LPS- or poly(I:C)-induced neuroinflammation. Pharmacol Res. 2017;119:431-442 pubmed publisher..Its strong anti-inflammatory effects may make lonchocarpine an effective preventative drug for neuroinflammatory disorders that are associated with systemic inflammation. ..
- Choi M, Lee E, Park J, Kim S, Park E, Kim H. Anti-inflammatory mechanism of galangin in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated microglia: Critical role of PPAR-? signaling pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;144:120-131 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that PPAR-? plays a key role in mediating the anti-inflammatory effects of galangin by modulating the NF-?B and Nrf2/CREB signaling pathways. ..
- Kim J, Jeong Y, Lee E, Park J, Seo H, Kim H. Suppression of neuroinflammation by matrix metalloproteinase-8 inhibitor in aged normal and LRRK2 G2019S Parkinson's disease model mice challenged with lipopolysaccharide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:879-886 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data suggested that M8I has a therapeutic potential in treating neurodegenerative diseases that are aggravated by systemic inflammation. ..