Dong Hoon Hyun
Affiliation: Ewha Womans University
- The plasma membrane redox enzyme NQO1 sustains cellular energetics and protects human neuroblastoma cells against metabolic and proteotoxic stressDong Hoon Hyun
Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Life Science, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Age (Dordr) 34:359-70. 2012..These findings have implications for the development of therapeutic interventions for neural tumors and neurodegenerative conditions...
- Effect of the overexpression of mutant ubiquitin (K48R) on the cellular response induced by 4-hydroxy-2,3-trans-nonenal, an end-product of lipid peroxidationDong Hoon Hyun
Department of Life Science, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 477:115-20. 2010..These data suggest that impairment of the UPS at different levels may be a common mechanism in neurodegeneration and that more such defects remain to be identified...
- The plasma membrane redox system is impaired by amyloid β-peptide and in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of 3xTgAD miceDong Hoon Hyun
Department of Life Science, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, South Korea
Exp Neurol 225:423-9. 2010....
- Mitochondrial function in human neuroblastoma cells is up-regulated and protected by NQO1, a plasma membrane redox enzymeJiyeong Kim
Department of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e69030. 2013....
- The antioxidant Trolox helps recovery from the familial Parkinson's disease-specific mitochondrial deficits caused by PINK1- and DJ-1-deficiency in dopaminergic neuronal cellsJung Hee Shim
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Brain Disease Research Institute, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Mitochondrion 11:707-15. 2011..These data suggest that mitochondrial deficits are severe in dopaminergic neurons in familial PD and antioxidant-mediated functional recovery is feasible...