Affiliation: Duksung Women's University
- Shin S, Kang C. Antifungal activity of the essential oil of Agastache rugosa Kuntze and its synergism with ketoconazole. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2003;36:111-5 pubmed..To evaluate the fungitoxic activity of the essential oil of Agastache rugosa alone and to determine its combination effect with ketoconazole against Blastoschizomyces capitatus...
- Shin S. Anti-Aspergillus activities of plant essential oils and their combination effects with ketoconazole or amphotericin B. Arch Pharm Res. 2003;26:389-93 pubmed..52 to 1.00. ..
- Shin S. Essential oil compounds from Agastache rugosa as antifungal agents against Trichophyton species. Arch Pharm Res. 2004;27:295-9 pubmed..Trichophyton susceptibility to ketoconazole was significantly improved by combination with the Agastache rugosa oil fraction or its main component, estragole...
- Shin S, Lim S. Antifungal effects of herbal essential oils alone and in combination with ketoconazole against Trichophyton spp. J Appl Microbiol. 2004;97:1289-96 pubmed..graveolens or its main components for treatment of infections caused by Trichophyton species may reduce the minimum effective dose of ketoconazole, and thus minimize the side-effects of ketoconazole. ..
- Shin S, Pyun M. Anti-Candida effects of estragole in combination with ketoconazole or amphotericin B. Phytother Res. 2004;18:827-30 pubmed..Thus, we have shown the synergistic combination effects between estragole and ketoconazole, which may be effective combinations for the treatment of Candida infections...
- Shin S, Kim J. In vitro inhibitory activities of essential oils from two Korean thymus species against antibiotic-resistant pathogens. Arch Pharm Res. 2005;28:897-901 pubmed..Data from the checkerboard titer test confirmed synergism between the antibiotic, norfloxacin, and T. magnus oil or thymol, particularly against the resistant strains of S. aureus...