Affiliation: Chungnam National University
- Seo K, Kim J, Park J, Song K, Yun E, Park J, et al. PMA synergistically enhances apicularen A-induced cytotoxicity by disrupting microtubule networks in HeLa cells. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the synergy between PMA and apicularen A is involved by PKC? activation and microtubule disruption, and that may inform the development of novel approaches to treat cancer. ..
- Jeong S, Jing K, Kim N, Shin S, Kim S, Song K, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid-induced apoptosis is mediated by activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in human cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:481 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that DHA-induced MAPKs activation is dependent on its capacity to provoke mitochondrial ROS generation, and accounts for its cytotoxic effect in human cancer cells. ..
- Song K, Li G, Kim J, Jing K, Kim T, Kim J, et al. Protein-bound polysaccharide from Phellinus linteus inhibits tumor growth, invasion, and angiogenesis and alters Wnt/?-catenin in SW480 human colon cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:307 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that PL suppresses tumor growth, invasion, and angiogenesis through the inhibition of Wnt/?-catenin signaling in certain colon cancer cells. ..
- Lim K, Han C, Dai Y, Shen M, Wu T. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids inhibit hepatocellular carcinoma cell growth through blocking beta-catenin and cyclooxygenase-2. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:3046-55 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important preclinical evidence and molecular insight for utilization of omega-3 PUFAs for the chemoprevention and treatment of human HCC. ..
- Park H, Son W, Chae D, Lee J, Kim I, Yang W, et al. Cell cloning-on-the-spot by using an attachable silicone cylinder. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;474:768-772 pubmed publisher..We tested the silicone cylinder in the monoclonal subcloning from a heterogeneous population of a breast cancer cell line, MDA-MB-231, and readily established independent MDA-MB-231 subclones showing different sublineage phenotypes. ..
- Gwon D, Hwang T, Ro J, Kang Y, Jeong J, Kim D, et al. High Endogenous Accumulation of ?-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Protect against Ischemia-Reperfusion Renal Injury through AMPK-Mediated Autophagy in Fat-1 Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Collectively, ?3-PUFAs in fat-1 mice contributed to AMPK mediated autophagy activation, leading to a renoprotective response...