Sang Hun Jung
Affiliation: Chungnam National University
- Song J, Jang J, Kim T, Park H, Park W, Jung S, et al. Structure-based design and biological evaluation of novel 2-(indol-2-yl) thiazole derivatives as xanthine oxidase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:950-954 pubmed publisher..1 nM) and the excellent uric acid lowering activity in potassium oxonate induced hyperuricemic rat model. ..
- Boggu P, Venkateswararao E, Manickam M, Kim Y, Jung S. Exploration of SAR for novel 2-benzylbenzimidazole analogs as inhibitor of transcription factor NF-?B. Arch Pharm Res. 2017;40:469-479 pubmed publisher..However, hydrophobic (-OCH3 and -Cl) groups on phenyl ring B decrease the activity. ..
- Subramanian S, Boggu P, Yun J, Jung S. Identification of N-arylsulfonylpyrimidones as anticancer agents. Arch Pharm Res. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Especially, tetrahydropyrimidin-2(1H)-one analogs containing acylindolin-5-ylsulfonyl moiety at position 1 demonstrated their strong growth inhibitory activity against human cancer cell lines. ..
- Boggu P, Venkateswararao E, Manickam M, Kwak D, Kim Y, Jung S. Exploration of 2-benzylbenzimidazole scaffold as novel inhibitor of NF-ÎºB. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1872-8 pubmed publisher..4 Î¼M) showed the best inhibition. The structure activity relationship revealed that 2-benzylbenzimidazole scaffold with hydrogen bonding acceptor on phenyl ring appears as a pharmacophore. ..
- Manickam M, Pillaiyar T, Boggu P, Venkateswararao E, Jalani H, Kim N, et al. Discovery of enantioselectivity of urea inhibitors of soluble epoxide hydrolase. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;117:113-24 pubmed publisher..All these ureas are proved to be specific inhibitor of sEH without inhibition against mEH. ..
- Manickam M, Jalani H, Pillaiyar T, Sharma N, Boggu P, Venkateswararao E, et al. Exploration of flexible phenylpropylurea scaffold as novel cardiac myosin activators for the treatment of systolic heart failure. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;134:379-391 pubmed publisher..Thus, these urea derivatives are potent scaffold to develop as a newer cardiac myosin activator for the treatment of systolic heart failure. ..
- Yang H, Venkateswararao E, Boggu P, Sharma V, Kim Y, Jung S. Novel analogs of N-acylhydroxyethylaminomethyl-4H-chromen-4-one scaffold as IL-5 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4330-4338 pubmed publisher..Finally, replacement of cyclohexylmethoxy group at 5th position of ring A with bulky aliphatic substituents resulted in the loss of activity. ..
- Boggu P, Venkateswararao E, Manickam M, Kim Y, Jung S. Discovery of novel 3-(hydroxyalkoxy)-2-alkylchromen-4-one analogs as interleukin-5 inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:290-304 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the conformational restrictor (isopropyl, cyclohexyl group) at position 2 is much more favorable for the formation of effective conformer of side chain with hydrogen bonding donor property of these chromen-4-one analogs. ..
- Manickam M, Jalani H, Pillaiyar T, Boggu P, Sharma N, Venkateswararao E, et al. Design and synthesis of sulfonamidophenylethylureas as novel cardiac myosin activator. Eur J Med Chem. 2018;143:1869-1887 pubmed publisher....