Eun Kyeong Jo
Affiliation: Chungnam National University
- Lee G, Lee H, Kim T, Kim J, Sohn K, Jo E. Mycobacterium fortuitum induces A20 expression that impairs macrophage inflammatory responses. Pathog Dis. 2016;74: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that MF-induced activation of host proinflammatory responses is negatively regulated through TLR2-dependent A20 expression. ..
- Jin H, Kim T, Jo E. Emerging roles of orphan nuclear receptors in regulation of innate immunity. Arch Pharm Res. 2016;39:1491-1502 pubmed..Discovery of new functions of orphan NRs would facilitate development of novel preventive and therapeutic strategies against human inflammatory diseases. ..
- Kim J, Yuk J, Kim S, Kim T, Jin H, Yang C, et al. MicroRNA-125a Inhibits Autophagy Activation and Antimicrobial Responses during Mycobacterial Infection. J Immunol. 2015;194:5355-65 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis. Taken together, these data indicate that miR-125a regulates the innate host defense by inhibiting the activation of autophagy and antimicrobial effects against M. tuberculosis through targeting UVRAG. ..
- Yuk J, Kim T, Kim S, Lee H, Han J, Dufour C, et al. Orphan Nuclear Receptor ERR? Controls Macrophage Metabolic Signaling and A20 Expression to Negatively Regulate TLR-Induced Inflammation. Immunity. 2015;43:80-91 pubmed publisher..These findings unravel a previously unappreciated role for ERR? as a negative regulator of TLR-induced inflammatory responses through inducing Tnfaip3 transcription and controlling the metabolic reprogramming. ..
- Jin H, Lee H, Lee D, Cha G, Cho K, Jang J, et al. Functional characterisation of the Drosophila cg6568 gene in host defence against Mycobacterium marinum. Microbes Infect. 2017;19:351-357 pubmed publisher..Thus, we named the gene product a cathelicidin-like antimicrobial protein of D. melanogaster (dCAMP). Our results indicate that dCAMP is crucial in terms of the innate D. melanogaster defense during M. marinum infection. ..
- Kim Y, Lee H, Kim J, Yang C, Kim T, Jung M, et al. PPAR-? Activation Mediates Innate Host Defense through Induction of TFEB and Lipid Catabolism. J Immunol. 2017;198:3283-3295 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that PPAR-? mediates antimicrobial responses to mycobacterial infection by inducing TFEB and lipid catabolism. ..
- Kim T, Shin Y, Lee H, Kim J, Choe J, Jang J, et al. Ohmyungsamycins promote antimicrobial responses through autophagy activation via AMP-activated protein kinase pathway. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3431 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show that OMS is a promising candidate for new anti-mycobacterial therapeutics by activating antibacterial autophagy via AMPK-dependent signaling and suppressing excessive inflammation during Mtb infections. ..