Genomes and Genes
Jin Tae Hong
Affiliation: Chungbuk National University
- Choi J, Yeo I, Kim K, Choi W, Jung J, Han S, et al. K284-6111 prevents the amyloid beta-induced neuroinflammation and impairment of recognition memory through inhibition of NF-κB-mediated CHI3L1 expression. J Neuroinflammation. 2018;15:224 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CHI3L1 inhibitor could be an applicable intervention drug in amyloidogenesis and neuroinflammation, thereby preventing memory dysfunction via inhibition of NF-κB. ..
- Yun H, Jin P, Park K, Hwang J, Jeong H, Kim E, et al. Thiacremonone Potentiates Anti-Oxidant Effects to Improve Memory Dysfunction in an APP/PS1 Transgenic Mice Model. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:2409-20 pubmed publisher..These multiple properties could attenuate AÎ² accumulation and oxidative stress in Alzheimer's brains. Thus, these results suggest that thiacremonone might be useful to intervene development or progression of neurodegeneration in AD. ..
- Park M, Hong J, Park E, Yoon H, Seo D, Hyun B, et al. Anticancer effect of tectochrysin in colon cancer cell via suppression of NF-kappaB activity and enhancement of death receptor expression. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:124 pubmed publisher..Tectochrysin can be a useful agent for the treatment of colon cancer cell growth as well as an adjuvant agent for chemo-resistant cancer cells growth. ..
- Kim J, Yun H, Jin P, Lee H, Han J, Udumula V, et al. Inhibitory effect of a 2,4-bis(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-butenal diacetate on neuro-inflammatory reactions via inhibition of STAT1 and STAT3 activation in cultured astrocytes and microglial BV-2 cells. Neuropharmacology. 2014;79:476-87 pubmed publisher..In addition, pull down assay and docking model showed interaction of HPBD with STAT3. These findings suggest that HPBD may be useful and potentially therapeutic choices for the treatment of neuroinflammatory diseases. ..
- Shadfar S, Hwang C, Lim M, Choi D, Hong J. Involvement of inflammation in Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis and therapeutic potential of anti-inflammatory agents. Arch Pharm Res. 2015;38:2106-19 pubmed publisher..We also discuss pathogenic mechanisms by which astrocytes, microglia, T cells and microRNA participate in AD and the neuroprotective mechanisms of anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Lee Y, Jung Y, Park M, Yeo I, Im H, Nam K, et al. Deficiency of parkin suppresses melanoma tumor development and metastasis through inhibition of MFN2 ubiquitination. Cancer Lett. 2018;433:156-164 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that melanoma development was inhibited in parkin-KO mice through maintaining of MFN2 level by inhibition of ubiquitinating ability of parkin. ..
- Lee H, Park M, Hong J, Kim D, Kim J, Seo H, et al. Inhibitory effect of snake venom toxin on NF-ÎºB activity prevents human cervical cancer cell growth via increase of death receptor 3 and 5 expression. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:463-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, our present study indicates that SVT could be applicable as an anticancer agent for cervical cancer, or as an adjuvant agent for chemoresistant cancer cells. ..
- Yun J, Yeo I, Hwang C, Choi D, Im H, Kim J, et al. Estrogen deficiency exacerbates Aβ-induced memory impairment through enhancement of neuroinflammation, amyloidogenesis and NF-ĸB activation in ovariectomized mice. Brain Behav Immun. 2018;73:282-293 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that estrogen may protect against memory impairment through the regulation of Aβ accumulation and neurogenic inflammation by inhibiting NF-κB activity. ..
- Son D, Akiba S, Hong J, Yun Y, Hwang S, Park Y, et al. Piperine inhibits the activities of platelet cytosolic phospholipase A2 and thromboxane A2 synthase without affecting cyclooxygenase-1 activity: different mechanisms of action are involved in the inhibition of platelet aggregation and macrophage infl. Nutrients. 2014;6:3336-52 pubmed publisher..7 cells by suppressing the activity of COX-2, without effect on cPLA2; Our findings indicate that piperine inhibits platelet aggregation and macrophage inflammatory response by different mechanisms. ..
- Gu S, Park M, Hwang C, Song H, Lee U, Han S, et al. Bee venom ameliorates lipopolysaccharide-induced memory loss by preventing NF-kappaB pathway. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:124 pubmed publisher..BV attenuates LPS-induced amyloidogenesis, neuroinflammation, and therefore memory loss via inhibiting NF-ÎºB signaling pathway. Thus, BV could be useful for treatment of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Ju Ho P, Jun Sung J, Ki Cheon K, Jin Tae H. Anti-inflammatory effect of Centella asiatica phytosome in a mouse model of phthalic anhydride-induced atopic dermatitis. Phytomedicine. 2018;43:110-119 pubmed publisher..From our data, CA phytosome application, which operates via NF-?B signaling inhibition, seems to be a promising AD treatment. ..
- Gu S, Lee H, Ham Y, Son D, Kim H, Oh K, et al. Piperlongumine Improves Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Amyloidogenesis by Suppressing NF-KappaB Pathway. Neuromolecular Med. 2018;20:312-327 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that PL diminishes LPS-induced amyloidogenesis and neuroinflammation by inhibiting NF-κB signaling; PL therefore demonstrates potential for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Yun H, Park K, Park M, Kim D, Jo M, Kim J, et al. PRDX6 promotes tumor development via the JAK2/STAT3 pathway in a urethane-induced lung tumor model. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;80:136-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that PRDX6 promotes lung tumor development via its mediated and CCL5-associated activation of the JAK2/STAT3 pathway. ..
- Hwang C, Park M, Choi M, Choi J, Oh K, Hwang D, et al. Acceleration of amyloidogenesis and memory impairment by estrogen deficiency through NF-ÎºB dependent beta-secretase activation in presenilin 2 mutant mice. Brain Behav Immun. 2016;53:113-122 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mutation of PS2 can lead to NF-ÎºB mediate amyloidogensis, and this effect can be amplified by the absence of estrogen. ..
- Gu S, Yun J, Son D, Kim H, Nam K, Kim H, et al. Piperlongumine attenuates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis through inhibition of NF-kappaB activity. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;103:133-145 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PL can mitigate MOG-induced EAE symptoms and activation of macrophages and T cells by inhibiting NF-?B signaling. Therefore, PL could be useful for the treatment for MS. ..
- Park M, Jo M, Kim Y, Lee C, Hong J. Roles of peroxiredoxins in cancer, neurodegenerative diseases and inflammatory diseases. Pharmacol Ther. 2016;163:1-23 pubmed publisher..Future research should open new avenues for the design of novel therapeutic approaches targeting PRDXs. ..
- Go J, Kim J, Koh E, Song S, Sung J, Lee H, et al. Protective Effect of Gallotannin-Enriched Extract Isolated from Galla Rhois against CClâ‚„-Induced Hepatotoxicity in ICR Mice. Nutrients. 2016;8:107 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that GEGR may induce remarkable protective effects against hepatic injury induced by CClâ‚„ treatment through upregulation of the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant system. ..
- Jung Y, Katila N, Neupane S, Shadfar S, Ojha U, Bhurtel S, et al. Enhanced dopaminergic neurotoxicity mediated by MPTP in IL-32Î² transgenic mice. Neurochem Int. 2017;102:79-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-32Î² exacerbates MPTP neurotoxicity through enhanced neuroinflammatory responses. ..
- Park M, Hong J, Hwang C, Choi M, Choi J, An Y, et al. Synergistic inhibitory effect of cetuximab and tectochrysin on human colon cancer cell growth via inhibition of EGFR signal. Arch Pharm Res. 2016;39:721-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that combined therapy with lower concentration of cetuximab and tectochrysin could significantly enhance the cancer cell growth inhibitory effect through the inhibition of EGFR signaling. ..
- Hwang C, Choi D, Jung Y, Lee Y, Yun J, Oh K, et al. Inhibition of p38 pathway-dependent MPTP-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration in estrogen receptor alpha knockout mice. Horm Behav. 2016;80:19-29 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ERÎ± might be important for dopaminergic neuronal survival through inhibition of p38 pathway. ..
- Yun J, Park M, Son D, Nam K, Moon D, Ju J, et al. IL-32 gamma reduces lung tumor development through upregulation of TIMP-3 overexpression and hypomethylation. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:306 pubmed publisher..In summary, IL-32Î³ may increase TIMP-3 expression via hypomethylation through inactivation of NF-ÎºB activity, and thereby reduce lung tumor growth. ..
- Kim J, Go J, Sung J, Lee H, Yun W, Hong J, et al. Uridine stimulate laxative effect in the loperamide-induced constipation of SD rats through regulation of the mAChRs signaling pathway and mucin secretion. BMC Gastroenterol. 2017;17:21 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study provide the first strong evidence that Urd can be considered an important candidate for improving chronic constipation induced by Lop treatment in animal models. ..
- Jo M, Yun H, Park K, Hee Park M, Myoung Kim T, Ho Pak J, et al. Lung tumor growth-promoting function of peroxiredoxin 6. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;61:453-63 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that overexpression of PRDX6 promotes lung tumor growth via increased glutathione peroxidase and iPLA2 activities through the upregulation of the AP-1 and JNK pathways. ..
- Lee Y, Kim S, Lee S, Kim K, Jung J, Son T, et al. Antioxidant Effect of Barley Sprout Extract via Enhancement of Nuclear Factor-Erythroid 2 Related Factor 2 Activity and Glutathione Synthesis. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BSE protected the liver cells from oxidative stress by activating Nrf2 and increasing GSH synthesis. ..
- Yun H, Park K, Lee H, Lee D, Jo M, Shin D, et al. PRDX6 promotes lung tumor progression via its GPx and iPLA2 activities. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014;69:367-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings indicate that PRDX6 promotes lung tumor growth via increased glutathione peroxidase and iPLA2 activities. ..
- Jung Y, Kim D, Hwang J, Yun N, Lee Y, Han S, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of tricin 4'-O-(threo-?-guaiacylglyceryl) ether, a novel flavonolignan compound isolated from Njavara on in RAW264.7 cells and in ear mice edema. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:67-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that TTGE has anti-inflammatory properties through down-regulation of NF-?B and STAT3 pathways. ..
- Oh S, Hwang C, Song S, Jung Y, Yun H, Sok C, et al. Anti-cancer effect of tectochrysin in NSCLC cells through overexpression of death receptor and inactivation of STAT3. Cancer Lett. 2014;353:95-103 pubmed publisher..We propose that tectochrysin leads to apoptotic cell death in NSCLC cells through activation of DR3 and Fas expression via inhibition of STAT3 phosphorylation. ..
- Hwang C, Kim Y, Son D, Park M, Choi D, Park P, et al. Parkin deficiency exacerbate ethanol-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration by P38 pathway dependent inhibition of autophagy and mitochondrial function. Redox Biol. 2017;11:456-468 pubmed publisher..Park2 deficiency exacerbates ethanol-induced dopaminergic neuron damage through p38 kinase dependent inhibition of autophagy and mitochondrial function. ..
- Kim Y, Hwang C, Lee H, Kim C, Son D, Ham Y, et al. Inhibitory effect of punicalagin on lipopolysaccharide-induced neuroinflammation, oxidative stress and memory impairment via inhibition of nuclear factor-kappaB. Neuropharmacology. 2017;117:21-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PUN inhibits LPS-induced memory impairment via anti-inflammatory and anti-amylogenic mechanisms through inhibition of NF-?B activation. ..
- Park J, Choi J, Son D, Park E, Song M, Hellstrom M, et al. Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Titrated Extract of Centella asiatica in Phthalic Anhydride-Induced Allergic Dermatitis Animal Model. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..7 macrophage cells. Our data demonstrated that TECA could be a promising agent for AD by inhibition of NF-?B signaling. ..
- Jung Y, Son D, Lee H, Kim D, Song M, Ham Y, et al. Loss of Parkin reduces inflammatory arthritis by inhibiting p53 degradation. Redox Biol. 2017;12:666-673 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RA development may be reduced in PD patients. ..
- Son D, Jung Y, Park M, Lee H, Song M, Yoo H, et al. Activated Natural Killer Cells Mediate the Suppressive Effect of Interleukin-4 on Tumor Development via STAT6 Activation in an Atopic Condition Melanoma Model. Neoplasia. 2017;19:537-548 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results showed that allergy responses further accelerated the IL-4-induced inhibition of tumor development through the activation of STAT6 pathways. ..
- Lee A, Choi K, Jung W, Jeong H, Kim G, Lee J, et al. Enhancement of Glucose Uptake by Meso-Dihydroguaiaretic Acid through GLUT4 Up-Regulation in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MDGA may increase GLUT4 expression and its translocation by promoting insulin sensitivity, leading to enhanced glucose uptake. ..
- Choi J, Hwang C, Lee D, Gu S, Lee H, Choi D, et al. (E)-2-Methoxy-4-(3-(4-methoxyphenyl) prop-1-en-1-yl) Phenol Ameliorates LPS-Mediated Memory Impairment by Inhibition of STAT3 Pathway. Neuromolecular Med. 2017;19:555-570 pubmed publisher..Moreover, MMPP treatment suppressed DNA binding activities of the activation of STAT3 in in vivo and in vitro. These results indicated that MMPP inhibits LPS-induced amyloidogenesis and neuroinflammation via inhibition of STAT3. ..
- Choi J, Jang J, Son D, Im H, Kim J, Park J, et al. Antarctic Krill Oil Diet Protects against Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Oxidative Stress, Neuroinflammation and Cognitive Impairment. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that krill oil ameliorated impairment via anti-inflammatory, antioxidative, and anti-amyloidogenic mechanisms. ..
- Kim J, Lee Y, Kwak M, Ko J, Hong J, Hwang D. Aqueous extracts of Liriope platyphylla induced significant laxative effects on loperamide-induced constipation of SD rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:333 pubmed publisher..platyphylla (AEtLP)...