Soong Nang Jang
Affiliation: Chung-Ang University
- Health conditions sensitive to retirement and job loss among Korean middle-aged and older adultsSusan Park
Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Prev Med Public Health 45:188-95. 2012..This study was conducted to examine the association between health condition and leaving the labor market among middle-aged and older adults in South Korea...
- Widowhood and depressive symptoms among Korean elders: the role of social tiesGyeong Suk Jeon
Correspondence should be addressed to Soong Nang Jang, Red Cross College of Nursing, Chung Ang University, 221 Heukseok Dong Dongjak Gu, Seoul 156 756, South Korea E mail
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:963-73. 2013..This study examines the impact of social ties on the relationship between widowhood and depressive symptoms among the older Korean population...
- Gender differences in correlates of mental health among elderly KoreansGyeong Suk Jeon
Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Jongno gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 62:S323-9. 2007..This study examined the differential impact of social roles and socioeconomic resources on the mental health of Korean men and women aged 65 years or older...
- Depressive symptoms, chronic medical illness, and health care utilization: findings from the Korean Longitudinal Study of Ageing (KLoSA)Hongsoo Kim
Graduate School of Public Health and Institute of Health and Environment, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Int Psychogeriatr 23:1285-93. 2011..This population-based study examined the relative and combined relationships of chronic medical illness (CMI) and depressive symptoms with health care utilization among older adults in South Korea...
- Socioeconomic status, social support and self-rated health among lone mothers in South KoreaDong Sik Kim
Department of Gender Equality and Social Cohesion Research, Korean Women s Development Institute, Seoul, Korea
Int J Public Health 55:551-9. 2010..This study examined the association of socioeconomic status and social support with the differences in self-rated health between lone and partnered mothers in South Korea...
- Predictors of adherence to medication in older Korean patients with hypertensionYeon Hwan Park
Research Institute of Nursing Science, College of Nursing, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 12:17-24. 2013..The purpose of this study was to identify significant factors, including socioeconomic variables, hypertension history, and cognitive functions, contributing to medication adherence among older Korean adults with hypertension...
- [Subjective satisfaction with medical care among older people: Comprehensiveness, general satisfaction and accessibility]Hwa Joon Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University
J Prev Med Public Health 42:35-41. 2009..This study assessed the satisfaction with medical care in terms of comprehensiveness, general satisfaction, and accessibility among community-dwelling Korean elders...
- Waist circumference, not body mass index, is associated with renal function decline in korean population: hallym aging studyHyunju Oh
Department of Food and Nutrition, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e59071. 2013..Prospective investigation of obesity and renal function decline in Asia is sparse. We examined the associations of body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference (WC) with renal function decline in a prospective study of Korean population...
- [The continuum of rehabilitation care and the rehabilitation services that are needed by people with severe disabilities]Soong Nang Jang
Institute of Health and Environment, Seoul National University, Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University
J Prev Med Public Health 39:263-9. 2006..This study was performed to understand the utilization of rehabilitation services and requirements of care among the people with severe disabilities in Korea...
- [Multiple roles and health among Korean women]Su Jin Cho
Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service, Institute of Health and Environment, Seoul National University, Korea
J Prev Med Public Health 41:355-63. 2008..We investigated whether there was better health outcome in multiple roles among Korean women coinciding with previous studies of other nations...
- The preference for an additional child among married women in Seoul, KoreaSang Mi Park
School of Public Health and Institute of Health and Environment, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Biosoc Sci 40:269-81. 2008..Consequently, a strong foundation for a fertility-friendly environment is needed, focusing on blue-collar workers and participation in social activities by married women...
- Time since falling and fear of falling among community-dwelling elderlySoong Nang Jang
Center for Aging and Population Research, Institute of Health and Environment, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Int Psychogeriatr 19:1072-83. 2007..This study attempts to determine the temporal relationship between the fear of falling and falling among community-dwelling elderly...
- Informal caregiving patterns in Korea and European countries: a cross-national comparisonSoong Nang Jang
Department of Nursing, Red Cross College of Nursing, Chung Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
Asian Nurs Res (Korean Soc Nurs Sci) 6:19-26. 2012..This ecological study examined demographic and institutional differences in informal caregiving. We conducted a cross-national study about the characteristics of informal caregivers in 12 European countries and Korea...
- [Certificate education for geriatric physician: satisfaction and feasibility]Sung Chun Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Korea
J Prev Med Public Health 41:10-6. 2008..We evaluated the satisfaction and feasibility of the current education certification for geriatric physicians...