Shin Seok Lee
Affiliation: Chonnam National University
- Park D, Kang J, Lee K, Kang S, Kwok S, Kim S, et al. Association of depression with socioeconomic status, anticardiolipin antibodies, and organ damage in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: results from the KORNET registry. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2018;36:627-635 pubmed..Our results show that depression is prevalent in patients with SLE and multiple factors are associated with depression in SLE. These data could help guide target programmes for those at high risk of depression in SLE. ..
- Jin H, Kim T, Choi J, Kim M, Cho Y, Nam K, et al. MicroRNA-155 as a proinflammatory regulator via SHIP-1 down-regulation in acute gouty arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R88 pubmed publisher..The production of inflammatory cytokines was markedly increased in MSU crystal induced peritonitis mice. Overexpression of miR-155 in the gouty SFMC leads to suppress SHIP-1 levels and enhance proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Lee S, Nam K, Jin H, Cho Y, Lee S, Kim T, et al. Bone destruction by receptor activator of nuclear factor ?B ligand-expressing T cells in chronic gouty arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R164 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show that MSU crystals have the potential to induce pro-resorptive cytokines, and T cells are involved in osteoclastogenesis in chronic gout. ..
- Kang J, Park D, Lee K, Lee J, Choi Y, Lee S. Comparison of clinical, serological, and prognostic differences among juvenile-, adult-, and late-onset lupus nephritis in Korean patients. Clin Rheumatol. 2017;36:1289-1295 pubmed publisher..LLN patients showed higher chronicity indices and deterioration of kidney function and death in long-term follow-up compared with JLN and ALN patients. Therefore, LLN patients should be carefully monitored to avoid poor outcomes. ..
- Lee K, Choi S, Xu H, Kang J, Park D, Lee S. HAQ score is an independent predictor of sustained remission in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatol Int. 2017;37:2027-2034 pubmed publisher..012). A lower HAQ score at baseline was an independent predictor of sustained remission at 2 years, according to DAS28-CRP. Thus, HAQ scores could be useful when stratifying patients according to risk for flare-ups in the clinic. ..
- Wen L, Shin M, Kang J, Yim Y, Kim J, Lee J, et al. The value of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein in hand and knee radiographic osteoarthritis: data from the Dong-gu Study. Clin Rheumatol. 2018;37:1099-1106 pubmed publisher..Of the various types of radiographic damage, all of sclerosis, erosion, and malalignment were significantly associated with hs-CRP levels. ..
- Park D, Kim S, Nah S, Lee J, Kim S, Lee Y, et al. Polymorphisms of the TRPV2 and TRPV3 genes associated with fibromyalgia in a Korean population. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016;55:1518-27 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that certain TRPV2 haplotypes may have a protective role against FM and that some genotypes and haplotypes of TRPV3 contribute towards the symptoms of FM. ..
- Lee S, Park M, Yoon H, Park Y, Park I, Park K. Evaluating the Korean version of the Multidimensional Health Assessment Questionnaire in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2006;25:353-7 pubmed..001). The correlations between the MDHAQ scores and the ACR core set, BDI, and STAI were all high and statistically significant. The Korean version of the MDHAQ is a reliable, valid tool for assessing Korean patients with RA. ..
- Park D, Takahashi Y, Kang J, Yim Y, Kim J, Lee J, et al. Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antibodies are associated with fibromyalgia in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a case-control study. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2017;35 Suppl 105:54-60 pubmed..To our knowledge, this report is the first to suggest that anti-NMDAR antibodies are associated with the pathogenesis of FM with SLE. ..
- Lee J, Kang J, Lee K, Park D, Kang S, Kwok S, et al. Effects of risk factors for and components of metabolic syndrome on the quality of life of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a structural equation modeling approach. Qual Life Res. 2018;27:105-113 pubmed publisher..The latter had a negative indirect impact on HRQOL, through depression. Clinicians should consider socioeconomic status and medication and seek to modify disease activity, MetS, and depression to improve the HRQOL of SLE patients. ..