Yong Ho Lee
Affiliation: Catholic University of Daegu
- Plasma amyloid-beta peptide levels correlate with adipocyte amyloid precursor protein gene expression in obese individualsYong Ho Lee
Diabetes and Metabolism Translational Medicine Unit, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT, USA
Neuroendocrinology 90:383-90. 2009..In this study, we aimed to investigate the relation between adipocyte APP expression and plasma Abeta peptide levels...
- Amyloid precursor protein expression is upregulated in adipocytes in obesityYong Ho Lee
Diabetes and Metabolism Translational Medicine Unit, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1493-500. 2008..These data suggest a possible role for APP and/or Abeta in the development of obesity-related insulin resistance and adipose tissue inflammation...
- The evolving role of inflammation in obesity and the metabolic syndromeYong Ho Lee
Diabetes and Metabolism Translational Medicine Unit, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, FAHC UHC Arnold 3412, One South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Curr Diab Rep 5:70-5. 2005..An improved understanding of the role of adipose tissue in the activation of inflammatory pathways may suggest novel treatment and prevention strategies aimed at reducing obesity-associated morbidities and mortality...
- The cannabinoid CB1 receptor is expressed in pancreatic delta-cellsWilliam G Tharp
Diabetes and Metabolism Translational Medicine Unit, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Given C354, 89 Beaumont Avenue, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:595-600. 2008..As there are some differences between our findings and previous reports, further studies, including detailed physiological studies of the effects of the ECS on islet function, are warranted...
- Insulin resistance increases PAI-1 in the heartBurton E Sobel
University of Vermont, Cardiovascular Research Institute Burlington, VT, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 346:102-7. 2006..Such increases may contribute to fibrosis and diastolic dysfunction typical late after infarction in patients with insulin resistance...
- Measurement of altered AβPP isoform expression in frontal cortex of patients with Alzheimer's disease by absolute quantification real-time PCRWilliam G Tharp
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 29:449-57. 2012..In this study we describe a simple procedure for measuring AβPP isoform transcripts by real-time PCR and confirm previous studies showing altered AβPP isoform expression patterns in AD...