- Long-term effects on the intelligence of children treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Department of Radiation Medicine, Offenbach, Germany
Cancer Invest 19:581-7. 2001
..The only predictor was time lapse between irradiation and IQ measurement, which we found to be indicative of an IQ decrease even after 9 years. Time lapse between irradiation is a useful predictor of IQ...
- Role of interstitial brachytherapy in the treatment of malignant disease
Strahlenklinik, Klinikum Offenbach, Starkenburgring 66, D 63069 Offenbach, Germany
Onkologie 24:222-8. 2001
..Low dose rate (LDR) interstitial brachytherapy techniques are also included in this review since in some body sites there is a choice between HDR and LDR...
- CT-Based interstitial HDR brachytherapy
Strahlenklinik, Städtische Kliniken, Offenbach, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 175:419-27. 1999
..Development, application and evaluation of a CT-guided implantation technique and a fully CT-based treatment planning procedure for brachytherapy...
- Clinical relevance of tumor ploidy and micronucleus formation for oral cavity cancer
Department of Radiation Medicine, Staedtische Kliniken Offenbach, Germany
Tumori 85:253-8. 1999
..To study the clinical relevance of tumor ploidy and micronucleus formation as prognostic factors...
- Catheter autoreconstruction in computed tomography based brachytherapy treatment planning
Department of Medical Physics and Engineering, Strahlenklinik, Städtische Kliniken Offenbach, Germany
Med Phys 27:1047-57. 2000
..The time required for the catheter reconstruction process using our autoreconstruction method is significantly reduced. The accuracy of our autoreconstruction is at least as high as the classical manual slice-by-slice method...
- Application of the Monte Carlo integration (MCI) method for calculation of the anisotropy of 192Ir brachytherapy sources
Städtische Kliniken Offenbach, Strahlenklinik, Department of Medical Physics and Engineering, Germany
Phys Med Biol 43:1783-801. 1998
..The information we have obtained in this study can be incorporated into clinical practice...
- Reconstruction and navigation system for intraoperative brachytherapy using the flab technique for colorectal tumor bed irradiation
Städtische Kliniken Offenbach, Strahlenklinik, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:1323-9. 2000
..Our aim is to improve accuracy and to enable individualized treatment planning and dose documentation to be performed for IORT-HDRB using a flab technique...
- A conformal index (COIN) to evaluate implant quality and dose specification in brachytherapy
Städtische Kliniken Offenbach, Strahlenklinik, Offenbach, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 40:515-24. 1998
..To propose a new index (COIN) that can be easily understood and computed to assess high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy interstitial implant quality and dose specification and is an improvement on existing indexes...
- 3D interstitial HDR brachytherapy combined with 3D external beam radiotherapy and androgen deprivation for prostate cancer. Preliminary results
Strahlenklinik, Städtische Kliniken Offenbach, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 176:361-7. 2000
..Evaluation of feasibility, tolerance and efficiency for a new 3D interstitial HDR brachytherapy technique combined with 3D external beam radiotherapy and androgen deprivation for prostate cancer...
- Paclitaxel and simultaneous radiation in locally advanced stage IIIA/B non-small cell lung cancer: a clinical phase I study
H G Vogt
Department of Radiation Medicine, Städtische Kliniken Offenbach, Germany
Semin Oncol 23:120-3. 1996
..This combined modality appears to be a practicable and effective treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. The maximum tolerated dose has not yet been reached, and dose escalation is planned...
- Autoactivation of source dwell positions for HDR brachytherapy treatment planning
Department of Medical Physics and Engineering, Strahlenklinik, Klinikum Offenbach, Germany
Med Phys 27:2517-20. 2000
..We have developed an algorithm, termed an autoactivation algorithm, which improves implant planning by providing a facility for the necessary automatic recognition of HDR source dwell positions...