- Impact of point-of-care case management on readmissions and costs
EmblemHealth, New York, NY 10041, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e300-6. 2012
..To measure the impact of point-of-care case management by a team of diverse clinical specialists at a large medical group on 30-day readmissions and associated costs...
- Improving the quality of diabetes care: a behavioral health intervention
Mental Health Disease Management and Clinical Development at EmblemHealth
J Healthc Qual 32:43-51. 2010
..The quality of diabetes care and treatment outcomes can be enhanced with the inclusion of a low-cost, structured program led by a behavioral health professional...
- Reducing six-month inpatient psychiatric recidivism and costs through case management
Care Manag J 11:2-10. 2010
..The intervention, enrollment process, and measurement strategies can be adapted for use by health plans looking to reduce psychiatric costs...
- Reducing the number of emergency department visits and costs associated with anxiety: a randomized controlled study
HIP Health Plan of New York, New York, NY 10041, USA
Am J Manag Care 13:95-102. 2007
..To demonstrate the economic effects of an intervention for members discharged from the emergency department (ED) with anxiety diagnoses...
- Impact of a managed controlled-opioid prescription monitoring program on care coordination
Arsenio M Gonzalez
Clinical Pharmacy Department, Emblem Health, New York, NY, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:516-24. 2012
..Inappropriate opioid medication utilization has grown tremendously in recent years. Managed care organizations have the opportunity to identify potential opioid misuse and implement care coordination interventions...
- Predicting future hospital utilization for mental health conditions
Clinical Development and Behavioral Medicine, Health Insurance Plan of New York, 55 Water Street, New York, NY 10041, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 34:34-42. 2007
- Overcoming challenges to integrating behavioral health into primary care
Health Insurance Plan, New York, NY, USA
J Healthc Qual 27:34-42. 2005
..This article identifies the challenges of integrating behavioral health specialists into primary care and describes strategies used to overcome these challenges...