Affiliation: World Health Organization, Regional Office for Africa
Location: Brazzaville, Congo
Associate Editor of BMC Health Services Research (2009-)
Associate Editor of Cost-Effectiveness and Resource Allocation (2006-)
Executive Editor of International Archives of Medicine (2008-2010)
Editorial Board: African Journal of Health Economics (2010-)
Editorial Board: International Scholarly Research Network (ISRN) Public Health (2011-). http://www.isrn.com/
Editorial Board: Advances in Global Medicine and Public Health (2011-)
Scholarships and Grants:
(a). University of Nairobi - 2 year MA scholarship (1986/87 -1987/88).
(b). UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, 3.5 year PhD grant (1990/91-1993/94).
(c). Tromso University - 9 months Diploma grant (1991)
1. Kirigia, J.M. (1996). Health Impacts of Epidemiological Environment Change: measurement issues. Environment and Development Economics, 1(3): 359-367.
2. Wigton A., Hussey G., Fransman D., Kirigia J.M. and Makan B. (1996). The winter 1996 poliomyelitis mass immunization campaign - is it the best strategy for South Africa at this time? South African Medical Journal, 86(7); 794-795.
3. Evans D.B., Azene G. and Kirigia J.M. (1997). Should governments subsidize the use of insecticide-impregnated mosquito nets in Africa? Implications of a cost-effectiveness analysis. Health Policy and Planning, 12(2): 107-114.
4. Kirigia, J.M. (1997). Economic evaluation in schistosomiasis: using the Delphi technique to assess effectiveness. Acta Tropica, 64: 175-190.
5. Kirigia J.M., Snow R.W., Fox-Rushby J. and Mills A. (1998). The cost of treating paediatric malaria admissions and the potential impact of insecticide treated mosquito nets on hospital expenditure. Tropical Medicine and International Health, 3(2): 145-150.
6. Kirigia J.M., Fox-Rushby J. and Mills A. (1998). A cost analysis of Kilifi and Malindi public hospitals in Kenya. African Journal of Health Sciences, 5(2): 79-84.
7. Kirigia, J.M. (1998). Economic evaluation in schistosomiasis: valuation of health states preferences. Health Economics, 7: 551-556.
8. Kirigia, J.M. (1998). Cost-utility analysis of schistosomiasis intervention strategies in Kenya. Environment and Development Economics, 3(3): 319-346.
9. Kirigia, J.M. (1998). Self-evaluated health status and beer drinking behaviour among South Africans. African Journal of Health Sciences, 5(3-4): 170-173.
10. Kirigia, J.M. and Sayed, R. (1998). Predictors of condom use in the prevention of HIV/AIDS in South Africa. African Journal of Health Sciences, 5(3-4): 178-184..
11. Munguti N. and Kirigia, J.M. (1998). Health Related Qualify of Life Among Health Care Personnel in Groot Schuur Hospital. African Journal of Health Sciences, 5(3-4): 185-189.
12. Jones, A.M. and Kirigia, J.M. (1999). Health knowledge and smoking behaviour among South African women. Health Economics, 12(8): 165-169.
13. Kirigia, J.M. and Muthuri, L.H.K. (1999). Predictors of women