- Reduction of subjective distress in CBT for childhood OCD: nature of change, predictors, and relation to treatment outcome
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Jordan Hall, Building 420, Stanford, CA 94305 2130, United States Electronic address
J Anxiety Disord 28:125-32. 2014
..Future studies should examine youth distress change between and within CBT sessions across both subjective and psychophysiological levels of analysis...
- Feelings into words: contributions of language to exposure therapy
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychol Sci 23:1086-91. 2012
..Additionally, greater use of anxiety and fear words during exposure was associated with greater reductions in fear responding. Thus, perhaps surprisingly, affect labeling may help to regulate aspects of emotion in a clinical context...
- Challenges to the traditional exposure paradigm: variability in exposure therapy for contamination fears
Stanford University, Department of Psychology, Jordan Hall, Building 420, Stanford, CA 94305 2130, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 43:745-51. 2012
..In the current experiment, we examined whether this typical exposure paradigm was necessary to achieve clinical improvement...
- Subtypes of panic attacks: a critical review of the empirical literature
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Depress Anxiety 26:878-87. 2009
..The aim of this study is to evaluate the existing literature regarding the validity of panic attack subtypes...
- Thought suppression enhances memory bias for threat material
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Behav Res Ther 46:462-76. 2008
- A cluster analysis of tic symptoms in children and adults with Tourette syndrome: clinical correlates and treatment outcome
Joseph F McGuire
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Psychiatry Res 210:1198-204. 2013
..This study, which is the first to examine tic clusters and response to treatment, suggested that tic symptom profiles respond equally well to CBIT. Clinical trials.gov. identifiers: NCT00218777; NCT00231985. ..
- Panic disorder: a review of DSM-IV panic disorder and proposals for DSM-V
Michelle G Craske
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, California
Depress Anxiety 27:93-112. 2010
..Finally, based on the available evidence, no changes are proposed with regard to the developmental expression of PAs or PD. This review presents a number of options and preliminary recommendations to be considered for DSM-V...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder in children and adolescents
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 20:239-54. 2011
..The current state of knowledge will be aided by further study of predictors and mechanisms of CBT treatment response...
- Optimizing inhibitory learning during exposure therapy
Michelle G Craske
Department of Psychology, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Behav Res Ther 46:5-27. 2008
..Strategies for enhancing inhibitory learning, and its retrieval over time and context, are reviewed along with their clinical implications for exposure therapy and directions for future research...