- Left atrial appendage lipoma: an unusual location of cardiac lipomas
Department of Cardiology, Staten Island University Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Echocardiography 28:E91-3. 2011
..We report the first case of LAAL discovered incidentally on transesophageal echocardiogram during off pump coronary artery bypass grafting...
- Depression, disability, and quality of life after off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: a prospective 9-month follow-up study
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York 10305, USA
Heart Lung 40:217-25. 2011
..Several studies have looked at the effects on mood and quality of life (QOL) among patients who underwent on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), but few have reported on off-pump CABG (OPCABG)...
- Dietary intake in hemodialysis patients does not reflect a heart healthy diet
Division of Cardiology, Staten Island University Hospital, New York, USA
J Ren Nutr 21:438-47. 2011
..Dietary factors that may contribute to cardiovascular disease have not been well studied in this population. We hypothesize that dietary intake in this population does not meet the guidelines for cardiovascular risk reduction...
- Usefulness of red cell distribution width in predicting all-cause long-term mortality after non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction
Department of Internal Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA basemnady2000 yahoo com
Cardiology 119:72-80. 2011
..The aim of our study was to explore the predictive value of RDW on all-cause mortality in patients with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI)...
- Mean platelet volume/platelet count ratio as a predictor of long-term mortality after non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction
Department of Internal Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, NY 10305, USA
Platelets 22:557-66. 2011
..We suggest that using this ratio will magnify any existing relationship between platelet indices and mortality post-NSTMI. Further studies are needed to confirm our finding...
- Aortic pulse pressure is associated with the localization of coronary artery disease based on coronary flow lateralization
Department of Cardiology, Staten Island University Hospital, New York, USA
Am J Hypertens 25:1055-63. 2012
..Thus, we hypothesized that increased systolic-diastolic pressure difference had a greater atherogenic effect on the RCA than on the LCA...
- Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio and cardiovascular diseases: a review
Division of Cardiology, Staten Island University Hospital New York, 475 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, New York, NY 10305, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 11:55-9. 2013
..Recently, NLR has been reported as a prognostic marker for outcome from coronary artery bypass grafting and postcoronary artery bypass grafting atrial fibrillation...
- Fasting hyperglycemia upon hospital admission is associated with higher pneumonia complication rates among the elderly
Mario R Castellanos
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 450 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
Int Arch Med 3:16. 2010
..This study evaluates the interaction of the degree of hyperglycemia and complication rates stratified by age in non-critically ill patients admitted to the hospital for care of community-acquired pneumonia...
- Amniotic fluid cells are more efficiently reprogrammed to pluripotency than adult cells
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cell Reprogram 12:117-25. 2010
- A STEMI code protocol improves door-to-balloon time on weekdays and weekends
Nidal Abi Rafeh
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY, USA
J Healthc Qual 31:35-43. 2009
..0001). A STEMI Code protocol dramatically improves DTB and equalizes disparities between weekday and weekend care...
- Entrapment of a looped/kinked catheter in the brachial artery and its successful retrieval during transradial coronary catheterization
Division of Cardiology, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 24:471-2. 2012
- Ginseng: a potential cause of long QT
Department of Internal Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York, USA
J Electrocardiol 44:357-8. 2011
..We report the novel case of a female patient without cardiovascular risk factors who developed prolonged QT with subsequent torsades de pointes during periods in which she was drinking large amounts of ginseng...