- Hepatitis E virus infection in hemodialysis patients: a seroepidemiological survey in Iran
National Research Department of Foodborne Diseases, The Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Taleghani Hospital, Tabnak St, Evin, Tehran, Iran
BMC Infect Dis 5:36. 2005
..Transmission is generally via the fecal-oral route. Some reports have suggested parenteral transmission of HEV. Anti-HEV prevalence data among chronic hemodialysis (HD) patients are few and give conflicting results...
- A comparison of oral omeprazole and intravenous cimetidine in reducing complications of duodenal peptic ulcer
Liver and Gastrointestinal Diseases Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
BMC Gastroenterol 6:2. 2006
..The aim of this study was to compare therapeutic effects of oral omeprazole and intravenous cimetidine on reducing rebleeding rates, duration of hospitalization, and the need for blood transfusion in duodenal ulcer patients...
- Role of diclofenac in reducing post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis
Drug Applied Research Center, Research and Development Complex, Tabriz, Iran
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:e11-6. 2008
..We report a prospective, single-center, randomized, double-blind controlled trial to determine if rectal diclofenac reduces the incidence of pancreatitis following cholangiopancreatography...
- Fertility disorder associated with celiac disease in males and females: fact or fiction?
Liver and Gastrointestinal Disease Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 37:1308-12. 2011
..The association between celiac disease and infertility is controversial in the literature. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of celiac disease among the couples with unexplained infertility...
- Helicobacter pylori infection reduces the risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a case-control study in iran
Infectious Disease Research Center, Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:149-51. 2011
..Some studies have indicated a protective role of H.pylori against risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC). The purpose of this study was to explore this possible relationship in a case-control study...
- A cross-sectional study of metabolic and endocrine complications in beta-thalassemia major
Endocrinology and Metabolism Section, Department of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Ann Saudi Med 28:361-6. 2008
..The aim of this study was evaluation of endocrine disturbances in patients with beta-thalassemia major who were older than 10 years of age...
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiography for intrabiliary rupture of hydatid cyst
Liver and Gastrointestinal Diseases Research Centre, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Imam Reza Hospital, Tabriz, East Azerbaijan, Iran
Dig Endosc 21:277-9. 2009
..We report feasibility and outcome of the endoscopic method for treatment of ruptured hepatic hydatid cyst into the biliary tract that also benefited from drainage of the whole cyst and membranes into the major biliary duct...
- Presence and significance of transfusion-transmitted virus infection in Iranian patients on maintenance hemodialysis
National Research Department of Foodborne Diseases, Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Taleghani Hospital, Tehran, Iran
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 40:106-11. 2007
..Transmission is generally via the parenteral route but recent data suggest that TTV can also be transmitted by the fecal-oral route...