- Sleep duration and risk of atrial fibrillation (from the Physicians' Health Study)
Section of Critical Care, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:547-51. 2013
..Our data showed a modestly elevated risk of AF with long sleep duration among United States male physicians. Furthermore, a shorter sleep duration was associated with a greater risk of AF in those with prevalent sleep apnea...
- Usefulness of desirable lifestyle factors to attenuate the risk of heart failure among offspring whose parents had myocardial infarction before age 55 years
Division of Aging, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:326-30. 2012
..In conclusion, our data suggest that even in subjects at higher risk for HF because of genetic predisposition, adherence to healthful lifestyle factors may attenuate such an elevated HF risk...
- Plasma free fatty acids and risk of atrial fibrillation (from the Cardiovascular Health Study)
Division of Aging, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:212-6. 2012
..In a secondary analysis restricted to the first 5 years of follow-up, this association persisted. In conclusion, our data show an increased risk of AF with higher plasma FFAs in community-dwelling older adults...
- Chocolate and coronary heart disease: a systematic review
Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology and Research Information Center, Boston Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 13:447-52. 2011
..It also discusses major limitations of currently available data and future directions in the field...
- A meta-analysis of omega-3 fatty acids and incidence of atrial fibrillation
Division of Aging, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02120, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 31:4-13. 2012
..We therefore sought to review the relation between n-3 fatty acids and the risk of AF...
- Nut consumption and risk of atrial fibrillation in the Physicians' Health Study
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Nutr J 11:17. 2012
..3 million people in USA and 4.5 million people in European Union. The aim of the study was to examine the association between nut consumption and incident atrial fibrillation...