- Adenocarcinoma of urachal cyst associated with pseudomyxoma peritonei masquerading as abdominal tuberculosis: A case report and review of literature
Department of General Surgery, Surgical Unit I Services Hospital, Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan
Indian J Urol 24:258-60. 2008
..Histopathology confirmed a moderately differentiated mucin secreting adenocarcinoma of urachal cyst associated with PMP. The adenocarcinoma of urachal cyst associated with PMP is further reviewed...
- Primary actinomycosis of the abdominal wall
Department of General Surgery, Riyadh Medical Complex, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:229-33. 2004
..The significance of obtaining tissues for culture and histopathology in all inflammatory lesions is emphasized...
- Warfarin-induced necrosis of the breast: case report
The Department of General Surgery, Al Iman General Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Postgrad Med 50:268-9. 2004
..A case of warfarin-induced necrosis of the left breast mimicking inflammatory cancer is reported. Current recommendations for the prevention and treatment of this uncommon condition are reviewed...
- Surgery for acute abdominal conditions in intellectually-disabled adults
Department of Surgery, King Saud University Unit, Riyadh Medical Complex, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
ANZ J Surg 76:145-8. 2006
..Various difficulties encountered during the management are highlighted and measures to overcome these problems are discussed...
- Granular cell tumour of the ampulla of Vater
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University Unit, Saudi Arabia
J Postgrad Med 51:36-8. 2005
..Preoperative diagnosis was available on ERCP and deep biopsy. The patient was managed by debulking resection and biliary-enteric bypass and is symptom-free with no evidence of tumour progression after a follow-up of one year...
- Choledochoduodenostomy: reappraisal in the laparoscopic era
Department of General Surgery, Shaikh Zayed Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore, Pakistan
ANZ J Surg 78:495-500. 2008
..This prospective study reviews the indications of open choledochoduodenostomy for benign biliary diseases and presents the short-term and long-term outcomes of this procedure in the present minimally invasive surgical era...
- Scalp as a donor site for split thickness skin grafts
Department of Plastic Surgery, Jinnah Hospital, Lahore
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 20:66-9. 2008
..This study was aimed at evaluation of scalp as donor site by calculating the healing time, and frequency of post-operative complications...
- Castleman disease presenting as obstructive jaundice
Saleh M Al-Salamah
King Saud University Unit, Riyadh Medical Complex, PO Box 31168, Riyadh 11497, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 26:111-3. 2005
..Triple bypass procedure was performed to relieve the obstruction. Pathological examination of the lymph nodes showed Castleman disease of hyaline vascular type...
- Suture versus mesh repair for incisional hernia
Saleh M Al-Salamah
College of Medicine, King Saud University, Department of Surgery, University Unit, Riyadh Medical Complex, PO Box 261283, Riyadh 11342, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 27:652-6. 2006
..To compare suture with mesh repair, for incisional hernia in terms of early and late outcomes...
- Acute small bowel obstruction due to bilharziasis
Department of General Surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University Unit, Riyadh Medical Complex, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 26:1624-6. 2005
..We review the pathological changes in the intestine following schistosomal infection and discuss diagnosis and treatment. We emphasize the importance of histopathology on all surgical specimens...
- Gastrointestinal tract bleeding in intellectually disabled adults
College of Medicine, and Department of General Surgery Medicine, King Saud University Unit, Riyadh Medical Complex, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
South Med J 101:29-34. 2008
..This study details the experience of a tertiary referral teaching hospital in Central Saudi Arabia in the management of GI bleeding necessitating admission in ID adults...
- Transabdominal gastro-esophageal devascularization and esophageal transection for bleeding esophageal varices after failed injection sclerotherapy: long-term follow-up report
Shabir Ahmad Qazi
Department of General Surgery, Riyadh Medical Complex, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
World J Surg 30:1329-37. 2006
..Transabdominal gastroesophageal devascularization and esophageal transection (TGDET) is considered an effective and safe procedure for such patients...
- Outcome of surgery for parotid tumours: 5-year experience of a general surgical unit in a teaching hospital
Saleh M Al Salamah
Department of General Surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University Unit, Riyadh Medical Complex, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
ANZ J Surg 75:948-52. 2005
..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the outcome of surgery for parotid tumours in a general surgical unit of a teaching hospital...
- Noncommunicating third branchial cyst
Mohammed H Al-Akeely
Department of Surgery, 37 College of Medicine, PO Box 2925, Riyadh 11461, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 26:1301-2. 2005
- Role of ultrasonography, computed tomography and diagnostic peritoneal lavage in abdominal blunt trauma
Saleh M Al-Salamah
Department of Surgery, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 23:1350-5. 2002
..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of diagnostic peritoneal lavage (DPL), ultrasonography and computed tomography in the management of blunt abdominal trauma...