- The association between family and community social capital and health risk behaviours in young people: an integrative review
Kerri E McPherson
Institute for Applied Health Research, School of Health and Life Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow G4 0BA, UK
BMC Public Health 13:971. 2013
- Tobacco and alcohol-related interventions for people with mild/moderate intellectual disabilities: a systematic review of the literature
Institute for Applied Health Research School of Health and Life Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 57:393-408. 2013
..Levels of smoking and alcohol consumption in this client group are of particular concern...
- Breaking the habit: a qualitative exploration of barriers and facilitators to smoking cessation in people with enduring mental health problems
Institute for Applied Health Research, School of Health and Life Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, Scotland G4 OBA, UK
BMC Public Health 13:221. 2013
..The aim, guided by the MRC Framework for the development and evaluation of complex interventions, was to gather evidence to inform the design and content of smoking cessation interventions for this client group...
- A mixed-methods evaluation of the effectiveness of tailored smoking cessation training for healthcare practitioners who work with older people
Reader, Institute for Applied Health Research School of Health, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 8:177-86. 2011
..Healthcare practitioners have an important role to play in raising the issue of smoking cessation with this client group; however, they often fail to do so...
- An exploration of the smoking-related health beliefs of older people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
J Clin Nurs 16:1726-35. 2007
..To explore the smoking-related health beliefs of older people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Smoking after the age of 65 years: a qualitative exploration of older current and former smokers' views on smoking, stopping smoking, and smoking cessation resources and services
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Community Health, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
Health Soc Care Community 14:572-82. 2006
..In order to function effectively, it is essential that they take account of older smokers' health beliefs and that issues, such as knowledge of smoking cessation resources, are addressed...
- The effectiveness of secondary prevention lifestyle interventions designed to change lifestyle behavior following stroke: summary of a systematic review
School of Health and Life Sciences Institute for Applied Health Research, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Int J Stroke 7:243-7. 2012
..A feature of stroke is that it recurs (25% within five-years). Risk factors for stroke and recurrent stroke include smoking, alcohol consumption, poor diet, and physical inactivity...
- Staff attitudes towards working with drug users: development of the Drug Problems Perceptions Questionnaire
Caledonian Nursing and Midwifery Research Centre, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Addiction 102:206-15. 2007
..To evaluate the psychometric properties of an adaptation of the Alcohol and Alcohol Problems Perceptions Questionnaire to measure the attitudes of staff to working with drug users (the DDPPQ)...
- An exploration of lifestyle beliefs and lifestyle behaviour following stroke: findings from a focus group study of patients and family members
Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland, UK
BMC Fam Pract 11:97. 2010
..We also explored the influence of beliefs and attitudes on behaviour. We believe that an understanding of these issues is required to inform the content and delivery of effective secondary prevention lifestyle interventions...