- Adipokines and ghrelin in gastric cancer cachexia
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Besevler 06510, Ankara, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 14:3633-41. 2008
..To investigate the roles of the adipocytokines, ghrelin and leptin in gastric cancer cachexia...
- Hepatic energy metabolism and the differential protective effects of sevoflurane and isoflurane anesthesia in a rat hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury model
Department of Anesthesiology, Diskapi Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Anesth Analg 106:830-7, table of contents. 2008
..We investigated the effects of isoflurane and sevoflurane in a warm liver ischemia-reperfusion (IR) model on cytokines, hepatic tissue blood flow (HTBF), energy content, and liver structure...
- Administration of Chlorella sp. microalgae reduces endotoxemia, intestinal oxidative stress and bacterial translocation in experimental biliary obstruction
General Surgery, Gazi University, Turkey
Clin Nutr 28:674-8. 2009
..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of different microalgae (Chlorella sp. and Spirulina sp.) extracts in intestinal barrier function and oxidative stress in experimentally jaundiced rats...
- Effect of adrenomedullin on hepatic damage in hepatic ischaemia/reperfusion injury in rats
Department of General Surgery, Medical Faculty, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Liver Int 28:972-81. 2008
..Adrenomedullin (AM) is a multifunctional peptide with a putative beneficial role after an ischaemic insult. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of AM on partial hepatic ischaemia reperfusion (I/R) injury...
- Ischemic preconditioning improves liver regeneration by sustaining energy metabolism after partial hepatectomy under ischemia in rats
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Liver Int 26:994-9. 2006
..In addition, we sought to examine the role of adenine nucleotides in this process...
- Effects of two conventional preoperative radiation schedules on anastomotic healing in the rat colon
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Eur Surg Res 39:141-7. 2007
..Preoperative radiotherapy (RT) is an increasingly popular form of adjunct therapy for rectal cancer; however, little is known about its effects on matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) expression in colonic anastomotic healing...
- Leptin treatment ameliorates acute lung injury in rats with cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis
Fatma Ayca Gultekin
Gazi University, School of Medicine, Department of General Surgery, Besevler 06510 Ankara, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 13:2932-8. 2007
..To determine the effect of exogenous leptin on acute lung injury (ALI) in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis (AP)...
- Role of ghrelin and leptin in predicting the severity of acute pancreatitis
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University, Medical Faculty, 06510 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 52:950-5. 2007
..While TNF-alpha and IL-1beta can be used as a prognostic factor in the first 24 hr, ghrelin and leptin can be used subsequently...
- Ergothioneine modulates proinflammatory cytokines and heat shock protein 70 in mesenteric ischemia and reperfusion injury
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Surg Res 144:36-42. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of EGT on mesenteric ischemia and reperfusion injury...
- Peroxisome proliferators-activated alpha agonist treatment ameliorates hepatic damage in rats with obstructive jaundice: an experimental study
Department of Gastroenterology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 7:44. 2007
..This study aims to evaluate the effect of short-term administration of fenofibrate, a PPARalpha agonist, on proinflammatory cytokines, apoptosis, and hepatocellular damage in cholestasis...
- Effects of microalgae Chlorella species crude extracts on intestinal adaptation in experimental short bowel syndrome
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University, Besevler 06510, Ankara, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 14:4512-7. 2008
..To evaluate the effects of chlorella crude extract (CCE) on intestinal adaptation in rats subjected to short bowel syndrome (SBS)...
- Beta-glucan attenuates inflammatory cytokine release and prevents acute lung injury in an experimental model of sepsis
Departments of General Surgery, Biochemistry, and Pathology, Gazi University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Shock 27:397-401. 2007
..These data reveal that beta-glucan treatment improved the course of CLP-induced peritonitis and attenuated the lung injury. Administration of beta-glucanase inhibited the beta-glucan activity and resulted in enhanced lung injury...
- Exogenous ghrelin enhances endocrine and exocrine regeneration in pancreatectomized rats
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, 06510 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
J Gastrointest Surg 13:775-83. 2009
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of ghrelin on pancreatic regeneration in rats with 90% pancreatectomy...
- PPAR-alpha agonist treatment increases trefoil factor family-3 expression and attenuates apoptosis in the liver tissue of bile duct-ligated rats
Department of Gastroenterology, Gazi University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 24:134-40. 2013
..Further studies are needed to determine the protective role of fenofibrate in human cholestatic disorders. ..
- The timing of laparoscopic cholecystectomy after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography in cholelithiasis coexisting with choledocholithiasis
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University Medical School, Besevler, 06500, Ankara, Turkey
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 16:832-6. 2009
..Although early cholecystectomy is advised, there is no consensus about the time interval between LC and ERCP. The aim of this study is to evaluate the effects of the time interval between ERCP and ERCP on operation outcomes...
- Effects of soluble fiber on matrix metalloproteinase-2 activity and healing of colon anastomosis in rats given radiotherapy
Department of General Surgery, Medical Faculty, Gazi University, 06510 Besevler Ankara, Turkey
Clin Nutr 25:661-70. 2006
..We aimed to investigate the effect of oral administration of soluble fiber on healing of anastomosis and matrix metalloproteinase-2 activity in radiotherapy received colonic anastomosis...
- Spontaneous gastrosplenic fistula in primary gastric lymphoma: Surgical management
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Asian J Surg 29:287-90. 2006
..We report a patient who was diagnosed with primary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and who underwent surgical treatment for gastrosplenic fistula...
- Hepatotoxicity associated with lapatinib in an experimental rat model
Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Department of Medical Oncology, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Cancer 48:279-85. 2012
..The current study is the first to evaluate the biochemical and histopathological features of hepatic toxicity of lapatinib...
- Infliximab "TNF-alpha antagonist" decreases intraabdominal adhesions
Faculty of Medicine, Gazi Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Genel Cerrahi Anabilim Dali Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Saudi Med J 28:1830-5. 2007
..To evaluate the effect of infliximab on adhesion formation and it's associated morbidity and complications...
- Coexistence of Mirizzi syndrome with adenomyomatosis in the gallbladder: report of a case
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:438-41. 2007
..Mirizzi syndrome is a rare complication of cholelithiasis. Adenomyomatosis is a common tumor-like lesion of the gallbladder...
- Torsion of the greater omentum: preoperative computed tomographic diagnosis and therapeutic laparoscopy
Department of General Surgery, University of Gazi, Ankara, Turkey
JSLS 9:494-6. 2005
..We describe a case of omental torsion in an adult patient who was diagnosed preoperatively by contrast-enhanced computed tomography and managed by laparoscopy...
- Effects of ischemic preconditioning on regenerative capacity of hepatocyte in the ischemically damaged rat livers
Department of General Surgery, University of Gazi, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Surg Res 125:42-8. 2005
..The present study investigated the effects of IPC on liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy under IR in rats...
- Effect of timing of glutamine-enriched enteral nutrition on intestinal damage caused by irradiation
Department of Surgery, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Anakara Turkey
Adv Ther 24:648-61. 2007
..05, P<.016, respectively). As a result, intestinal injury due to RT was significantly decreased by Gln-enriched EN support given before and after whole body RT...