- Color Doppler indices of renal allografts depend on vascular stiffness of the transplant recipients
Division of Nephrology, University Medical Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Transplant 6:2721-4. 2006
..For a more correct interpretation of the RI values in renal allografts parameters of vascular stiffness such as IMT, PP or PWV should be included...
- Defining a reference population to determine the 99th percentile of a contemporary sensitive cardiac troponin I assay
Department of Medicine II, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany University Heart Center, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 167:1423-9. 2013
..Aim of the current study was to describe the distribution of troponin I using a sensitive assay and to evaluate the impact of cardiac diseases and cardiovascular risk factors in apparently healthy individuals...
- Serial changes in highly sensitive troponin I assay and early diagnosis of myocardial infarction
Department of General and Interventional Cardiology, University Heart Center Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
JAMA 306:2684-93. 2011
..Introduction of highly sensitive troponin assays into clinical practice has substantially improved the evaluation of patients with chest pain...
- Absolute and relative kinetic changes of high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T in acute coronary syndrome and in patients with increased troponin in the absence of acute coronary syndrome
Department of Internal Medicine III, Cardiology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Chem 58:209-18. 2012
- Midregional proadrenomedullin for prediction of cardiovascular events in coronary artery disease: results from the AtheroGene study
Philipp S Wild
Department of Medicine II, University Medical Center Mainz, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Clin Chem 58:226-36. 2012
..We evaluated the prognostic impact of MR-proADM in a cohort of patients with symptomatic coronary artery disease according to their clinical presentation...
- [The length of hospital stay in patients with acute coronary syndrome is reduced by establishing a chest pain unit]
II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik für Kardiologie, Angiologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg Universität, Mainz, Mainz, Deutschland
Herz 37:301-7. 2012
..The aim of the present analysis is to evaluate to what extent establishing a dedicated chest pain unit (CPU) influences the length of hospital stay in ACS patients...
- [Expert consensus statement on interventional renal sympathetic denervation for hypertension treatment]
Klinik fur Kardiologie, Angiologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 136:2418. 2011
..Long-term follow-up after renal denervation and participation in the German Renal Denervation (GREAT) Registry are recommended to assess safety and efficacy after renal denervation over time...
- [Patient satisfaction in acute coronary syndrome. Improvement through the establishment of a chest pain unit]
II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg Universität, 55131 Mainz, Deutschland
Herz 35:403-9. 2010
..The aim of this study is to evaluate the experiences of patients receiving CPU care and routine emergency department (ED) treatment for acute chest pain...
- Tako-Tsubo syndrome: dying of a broken heart?
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:771-80. 2010
..The Tako-Tsubo syndrome is a diagnosis encountered in patients with acute coronary syndrome and, therefore, is important to consider...
- Copeptin improves early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction
Department of Medicine II, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:2096-106. 2010
..Early identification of myocardial infarction in chest pain patients is crucial to identify patients at risk and to maintain a fast treatment initiation...
- Improved outcome in acute coronary syndrome by establishing a chest pain unit
Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:149-55. 2010
..The aim of this analysis was to elucidate whether treatment of ACS patients in the CPU versus emergency department (ED) has prognostic implications...
- Sensitive troponin I assay in early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction
Department of Medicine II, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
N Engl J Med 361:868-77. 2009
..Cardiac troponin testing is central to the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction. We evaluated a sensitive troponin I assay for the early diagnosis and risk stratification of myocardial infarction...
- Cystatin C and cardiovascular mortality in patients with coronary artery disease and normal or mildly reduced kidney function: results from the AtheroGene study
Department of Medicine II, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Eur Heart J 30:314-20. 2009
..Cystatin C is a promising marker to reliably mirror renal function. The role of cystatin C in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) and normal or mildly reduced kidney function is the subject of current investigation...
- Association of adiponectin with adverse outcome in coronary artery disease patients: results from the AtheroGene study
Department of Medicine II, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Eur Heart J 29:649-57. 2008
..Data in patients with manifest coronary artery disease (CAD) are scant stimulating the investigation of the association of adiponectin concentrations and cardiovascular outcome in a prospective CAD cohort...
- MR-proANP and MR-proADM for risk stratification of patients with acute chest pain
Department of Medicine 2, University Medical Center Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Heart 99:388-95. 2013
..To evaluate mid-regional pro-adrenomedullin (MR-proADM) and mid-regional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (MR-proANP) as prognostic biomarkers in a representative 'real world' cohort of patients with suspected acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...