Affiliation: University of California San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, United States
- Gene by environment interactionsROBERT C CULVERHOUSE
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 600 South Euclid, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Genet Epidemiol 31:S68-74. 2007..A related but distinct goal is to characterize an interaction (e.g. to determine if the interaction is significant)...
- Power comparison of different methods to detect genetic effects and gene-environment interactionsRémi Kazma
Universite Paris Sud, UMR S 535, Villejuif, 94817, France
BMC Proc 1:S74. 2007..The case-only design exhibits a 95% power to detect G x E interaction but the type I error rate is increased...
- On the use of sibling recurrence risks to select environmental factors liable to interact with genetic risk factorsRémi Kazma
University of Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Hum Genet 18:88-94. 2010....
- Genetic association and gene-environment interaction: a new method for overcoming the lack of exposure information in controlsRémi Kazma
Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Am J Epidemiol 173:225-35. 2011..Interestingly, it even has better power than the joint test requiring full knowledge of the environmental information in both cases and controls...
- Genome-wide association study of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis in EuropeEmmanuelle Genin
INSERM U, Paris, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:52. 2011..Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN) are rare but extremely severe cutaneous adverse drug reactions in which drug-specific associations with HLA-B alleles were described...
- Population-based and family-based designs to analyze rare variants in complex diseasesRémi Kazma
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 3110, USA
Genet Epidemiol 35:S41-7. 2011..However, as of today, the main limitation is still the high cost of next-generation sequencing...
- Use of principal components to aggregate rare variants in case-control and family-based association studies in the presence of multiple covariatesRémi Kazma
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, 1450 Third Street, Box 3110, San Francisco, CA 94148 3110, USA
BMC Proc 5:S29. 2011..The two methods provide a fast way to analyze simultaneously rare and common variants at the gene level while adjusting for covariates. However, further evaluation of the statistical efficiency of this approach is warranted...
- Lung cancer and DNA repair genes: multilevel association analysis from the International Lung Cancer ConsortiumRémi Kazma
Universite Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Carcinogenesis 33:1059-64. 2012..This first international pooled analysis of a large dataset unravels the role of specific DNA repair pathways in LC and highlights the importance of accounting for gene and pathway effects when studying LC...