- The effectiveness of intermittent isotretinoin treatment in mild or moderate acne
University of Gazi Health Center, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:1256-60. 2006
..The aim of the study was to investigate the effectiveness of intermittent isotretinoin treatment in mild or moderate acne...
- Comparison of depression, anxiety and life quality in acne vulgaris patients who were treated with either isotretinoin or topical agents
University of Gazi, Health Center, Gaza, Palestine
Int J Dermatol 48:41-6. 2009
- Creatine phosphokinase values during isotretinoin treatment for acne
University of Gazi, Health Center, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 47:398-401. 2008
..The aim of this study was to investigate the incidence, course, and clinical significance of severe hyperphosphokinasemia in isotretinoin therapy for acne...
- Dietary glycemic index and glucose, insulin, insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3, and leptin levels in patients with acne
Medical Health Center, University of Gazi, Ankara, Turkey
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:819-23. 2007
..Several isolated observations have suggested that acne can develop in groups when a high glycemic index diet is adopted...
- Body image satisfaction and anxiety of a Turkish sample of university students with skin diseases
Health Center, University of Gazi
Psychol Rep 100:499-508. 2007
..The group with skin disease had lower scores on body image. Acne vulgaris seems to be the most disturbing among the skin diseases, and this was more prominent in younger patients...
- Incidence of depression related to isotretinoin treatment in 100 acne vulgaris patients
Health Center, University of Gazi
Psychol Rep 99:897-906. 2006
..At the end of Month 6, the mean score decreased below that at Month 3. These changes in means might be related to the onset of clinical effect of isotretinoin...
- Body dysmorphic disorder in university students with skin diseases compared with healthy controls
Departments Dermatology, University of Gazi, Health Center, and 3Family Economics and Nutritional Education, Vocational, Education Faculty, University of Gazi, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Derm Venereol 89:281-4. 2009
..13, p = 0.001). This study suggests that patients with skin disease have higher body dysmorphic disorder scores compared with healthy controls...
- Anxiety and depression in patients with pityriasis rosea compared to patients with tinea versicolor
University of Gazi, Medical Health Center, Ankara, Turkey
Dermatol Nurs 20:367-70, 377. 2008
..There are even less studies exploring the psychological status of these patients. The objective of this study was to investigate and compare quality of life and psychological status of patients with PR and TV...
- The results and side effects of systemic isotretinoin treatment in 100 patients with acne vulgaris
University of Gazi Medical Health Center, Ankara, Turkey
Dermatol Nurs 18:576-80. 2006
- Topical tetracycline in the treatment of acne vulgaris
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
J Drugs Dermatol 7:953-5. 2008
..Topical tetracycline was the first topical antibiotic approved for the treatment of acne, its use has been limited because of the skin penetration problems of the active ingredient...