- Recovery of fertility in azoospermia rats after injection of adipose-tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells: the sperm generation
Ankalife IVF and Women Health Centre, Ankara, Turkey
Biomed Res Int 2013:529589. 2013
..The expression of GFP was detected in the mesenchymal stem cells derived from adipose tissue and bone marrow and also in the sperms of offspring. In conclusion, MSCs might be studied for the same purpose in humans in future...
- Effect of hypothyroidism in the thyroidectomized rats on immunophenotypic characteristics and differentiation capacity of adipose tissue derived stem cells
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, and Center for Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research and Practice Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 18:617-29. 2014
..The hypothyroid state is a complex hormonal dysfunction rather than a single hormonal defect. The relation between hypothyroidism after thyroidectomy and stem cells is not clear...
- Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells efficiently differentiate into insulin-producing cells in pancreatic islet microenvironment both in vitro and in vivo
Kocaeli University, Center for Stem Cell and Gene Therapies Research and Practice, Kocaeli, Turkey
Cytotherapy 15:557-70. 2013
..The insulin-producing capacities of islets transplanted under the renal kidney capsule with rAT- and rBM-MSCs were compared and the reduction of hyperglycemia symptoms in rat models was examined...
- Reduction of lesion in injured rat spinal cord and partial functional recovery of motility after bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantation
Kocaeli University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Stem Cell, Kocaeli, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 22:207-17. 2012
..This study aimed to analyze the effect of rat bone marrow-mesenchymal stem cells (rBM-MSCs) delivery on lesion site after spinal cord injury, and to observe the functional recovery after transplantation...
- Human dental pulp stem cells demonstrate better neural and epithelial stem cell properties than bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells
Department of Stem Cell, Center for Stem Cell and Gene Therapies Research and Practice, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Histochem Cell Biol 136:455-73. 2011
..hDP-SCs with a promising differentiation capacity could be easily isolated, and possible clinical use could be developed for neurodegenerative and oral diseases in the future...
- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells co-cultured with pancreatic islets display β cell plasticity
Centre for Stem Cell and Gene Therapies Research and Practice, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli 41380, Turkey
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 5:491-500. 2011
..This approach would circumvent the need for PI-stem cell co-culture and could potentially facilitate the production of functional IPCs for future clinical applications...
- Protection of rat pancreatic islet function and viability by coculture with rat bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells
Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research and Application Center, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Cell Death Dis 1:e36. 2010
- A comprehensive characterization study of human bone marrow mscs with an emphasis on molecular and ultrastructural properties
Center for Stem Cell and Gene Therapies Research and Practice, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Cell Physiol 226:1367-82. 2011
..The differentiation potential of hBM-MSCs to adipogenic, osteogenic, and neurogenic lineages was shown by using the relevant differentiation factors...
- Isolation and characterization of stem cells from pancreatic islet: pluripotency, differentiation potential and ultrastructural characteristics
Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research and Application Center, Kocaeli University, Turkey
Cytotherapy 12:288-302. 2010
..The aim of this study was to characterize in detail the SC isolated from pancreatic islet (PI) and compare their properties with bone marrow (BM)-derived mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) of the rat...
- Isolation and in vitro characterisation of dental pulp stem cells from natal teeth
Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research and Applied Center, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Histochem Cell Biol 133:95-112. 2010
..The differentiation potential of hNDP-SCs and hBM-MSCs to adipogenic, osteogenic, chondrogenic, myogenic and neurogenic was shown. This report described the first successful isolation and characterisation of hNDP-SCs...
- Characterization of mesenchymal stem cells from rat bone marrow: ultrastructural properties, differentiation potential and immunophenotypic markers
Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Research and Application Center, Kocaeli University, 41380, Kocaeli, Turkey
Histochem Cell Biol 132:533-46. 2009
..These expression patterns indicated why these cells can easily differentiate into multiple lineages both in vitro and in vivo. Ultrastructural characteristics of rBM-MSCs showed more developed and metabolically active cells...
- Pancreatic islet derived stem cells can express co-stimulatory molecules of antigen-presenting cells
Center for Stem Cell and Gene Therapies Research and Practice, Institute of Health Sciences, Department of Stem Cell, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Transplant Proc 42:3663-70. 2010
..Our aim was to investigate the presence of molecules involved in antigen presentation in rat pancreatic islet-derived stem cells (PI-SCs)...
- Leptin expression in the testicular tissue of fertile and infertile men
Department of Urology, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Arch Androl 51:239-46. 2005
- Investigation of biochemical and histopathological effects of Mentha piperita L. and Mentha spicata L. on kidney tissue in rats
Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Isparta, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 22:213-9. 2003
..In conclusion, the results indicate that M. piperita does not show nephrotoxicity but M. spicata presents markedly nephrotoxic changes in rats...
- Investigation on the histopathological effects of thyroidectomy on the seminiferous tubules of immature and adult rats
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Urol Int 73:59-64. 2004
..This study aimed to investigate the histopathological effects of thyroidectomy on both immature and adult rat testes...
- Effect of chronic fluorosis on lipid peroxidation and histology of kidney tissues in first- and second-generation rats
Kocaeli University, Health High School, Kocaeli, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 102:199-208. 2004
..Most of the vascular structures were congestive. Many Bowman capsules were narrowed. The severe degenerative changes in most of the shrunken glomerules and vascular congestion were also observed...
- Immunomodulatory Properties of Pancreatic Islet-Derived Stem Cells Co-Cultured with T cells: Does It Contribute to the Pathogenesis of Type 1 Diabetes?
A E Sariboyaci
Center for Stem Cell and Gene Therapies Research and Practice, Institute of Health Sciences, Stem Cell Department, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 122:179-89. 2014
..PI-SCs from diseased people should be compared with pancreas of healthy ones at both genomic and proteomic levels. ..