- Transgastric appendicectomy
Surgical Department, University Medical Centre Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Br J Surg 100:911-5. 2013
..Experimental studies and small anecdotal reports have documented the potential and feasibility of transgastric appendicectomy. This paper reports the results of the new technique in a selected group of patients...
- [Endoscopic resection of early carcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction]
Zentrale Interdisziplinäre Endoskopie, Medizinische Fakultat Mannheim, Universitatsmedizin Mannheim, Universitat Heidelberg, Mannheim, Deutschland
Chirurg 83:698-701. 2012
..While tumor infiltration depth and differentiation are determined by the tumor biology, complete resection can be achieved by a sophisticated endoscopic technique which requires vast experience and extensive equipment...
- Expression of Transketolase like gene 1 (TKTL1) predicts disease-free survival in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy
III, Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsmedizin Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:363. 2011
..In search for potential prognostic molecular markers we investigated the expression of VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2 and TKTL1 in patients with LARC treated with neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy and cetuximab...
- [Disappearing borders in visceral medicine]
Zentrale Interdisziplinäre Endoskopie, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, Universitat Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167, Mannheim, Deutschland
Chirurg 81:1077-80. 2010
..The complex interactions between gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery make the necessary dialogue particularly difficult but for the same reasons rewarding...
- Investigation of the thermal tissue effects of the argon plasma coagulation modes "pulsed" and "precise" on the porcine esophagus, ex vivo and in vivo
Georg F Kähler
Section Endoscopy, Surgical University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 70:362-8. 2009
..Systematic investigations of the tissue damage ex vivo and in vivo with the new, second-generation APC modes are lacking...
- Modified self-expanding plastic stent for the treatment of refractory benign esophageal strictures
Division of Endoscopy and Sonography, Department of Surgery, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Endoscopy 37:925. 2005
- [Toluidin blue in gastrointestinal endoscopy]
II Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, Mannheim
Z Gastroenterol 48:1117-9. 2010
..Local and systemic adverse reactions have not been observed. A demarcation of the lesions can be made as effectively as with methylene blue...
- Selective tissue elevation by pressure for endoscopic mucosal resection of colorectal adenoma: first clinical trial
Medical Center Mannheim, Medical Department, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167, Mannheim, Germany
Surg Endosc 26:343-9. 2012
..For the first time, the clinical application of selective tissue elevation by pressure (STEP) for the treatment of colorectal adenomas as a prospective single-arm human trial is presented...
- Local application of hyperthermia in the esophagus with a heatable malleable thermoplastic stent
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Surg Res 38:42-7. 2006
..This study measures the effect of hyperthermia applied through a heatable stent in the esophagus in order to investigate whether this procedure offers a therapeutic option for tumor treatment...
- [Evaluation of stents in treating childhood benign esophageal strictures]
Kinderchirurgische Klinik, Fakultät für Klinische Medizin Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Klin Padiatr 221:25-30. 2009
..The aim of the study was to evaluate weather esophageal stents could be used safely and effectively in the treatment of benign esophageal strictures in children...