- Toluidine blue: yet another low cost method for screening oral cavity tumour margins in third world countries
Jinnah Medical College Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 63:835-7. 2013
..To use toluidine blue intra-operatively to identify tumour involved margins after the removal of oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma, and to compare the findings with those of final histopathology...
- A comparative analysis of toluidine blue with frozen section in oral squamous cell carcinoma
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Jinnah Medical and Dental College Hospital, SR 6, Sector 7 A, Korangi Industrial Area, Karachi 74800 Karachi, Pakistan
World J Surg Oncol 10:57. 2012
..Considering this we decided to explore intraoperative use of toluidine blue staining, in comparison with frozen sections, for the assessment of tumor-free margins...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the base of tongue
Zain ul Abedeen Sobani
Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 61:945-7. 2011
..Regular clinical follow up showed no signs of recurrence at 9 months post excision...
- Nasal T cell lymphoma: a rare entity
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 24:S50-1. 2014
..Diagnosed as nasal type of NK/T cell lymphoma via a tissue biopsy, it was managed by chemo-radiotherapy leading to complete resolution of symptoms and disease free on his follow-up 6 months later. ..
- Cochlear implant in a patient with mondini's deformity of the cochlea: pilot patient in Pakistan
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 63:913-5. 2013
..The case report relates to the experience of our pilot patient who was suffering from Mondini's deformity...
- Sinonasal teratocarcinosarcoma
Zainul Abedeen Sobani
Medical College, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 62:633-5. 2012
..In this case report we have shared our experience with sinonasal teratocarcinosarcoma in a 23 year old female and performed a brief review of literature...
- Minimally invasive endoscopic selective parathyroidectomy
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 62:402-5. 2012
..Here we would like to describe our procedure for a minimally invasive endoscopic selective parathyroidectomy, performed on five patients. We describe our standard setup, procedure and the outcomes...
- Nasal encephaloceles presenting at later ages: experience of otorhinolaryngology department at a tertiary care center in Karachi, Pakistan
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 62:74-6. 2012
- Neuronavigation assisted endoscopic sinus surgery
Medical College, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 61:1161-3. 2011
..We recently decided to use the neuronavigation system of our Neurosurgical department to help aid eradicate various nasal and sinus pathologies in a series of patients...
- Successful management of aggressive fibromatosis of the neck using wide surgical excision: a case report
Zain A Sobani
Medical College, Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi, Pakistan
J Med Case Reports 5:244. 2011
..However, when it does occur in the head and neck region, it tends to be more aggressive and associated with significant morbidity, which may be attributed to the vital vascular, neurological or anatomical structures in close proximity...