- Rationales, design and recruitment of the Taizhou Longitudinal Study
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology, School of Life Sciences and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200433, PR China
BMC Public Health 9:223. 2009
..The burdens of non-communicable diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and cancer, have also increased substantially...
- Missing call bias in high-throughput genotyping
MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology and Center for Evolutionary Biology, School of Life Sciences and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
BMC Genomics 10:106. 2009
..While the primary focus has been invested upon the improvement of reducing genotyping error, the problems associated with missing calls are largely overlooked...
- Investigation gene and microRNA expression in glioblastoma
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology, School of Life Sciences and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
BMC Genomics 11:S16. 2010
..Glioblastoma is the most common primary brain tumor in adults. Though a lot of research has been focused on this disease, the causes and pathogenesis of glioblastoma have not been indentified clearly...
- Genetic evidence supports linguistic affinity of Mlabri--a hunter-gatherer group in Thailand
Chinese Academy of Sciences and Max Planck Society CAS MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
BMC Genet 11:18. 2010
..This study aims to examine whether the genetic affinity of the Mlabri is consistent with this linguistic relationship, and to further explore the origins of this enigmatic population...
- Paternal genetic affinity between Western Austronesians and Daic populations
MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology and Center for Evolutionary Biology, School of Life Sciences and Institutes for Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
BMC Evol Biol 8:146. 2008
- Sequence variations in DNA repair gene XPC is associated with lung cancer risk in a Chinese population: a case-control study
Institute of Occupational Medicine and Ministry of Education Key Lab for Environment and Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
BMC Cancer 7:81. 2007
..Because mutations in XPC cause a high risk of cancer in XP patients, we hypothesized that inherited sequence variations in XPC may alter DNA repair and thus susceptibility to cancer...
- Y chromosome evidence of earliest modern human settlement in East Asia and multiple origins of Tibetan and Japanese populations
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Resources and Evolution, Kunming Institute of Zoology and Kunming Primate Research Centre, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, PR China
BMC Biol 6:45. 2008
..However, the fragmented distribution of one East Asian specific Y chromosome lineage (D-M174), which is found at high frequencies only in Tibet, Japan and the Andaman Islands, is inconsistent with this scenario...
- Evidence that a West-East admixed population lived in the Tarim Basin as early as the early Bronze Age
Ancient DNA Laboratory, Research Center for Chinese Frontier Archaeology, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, PR China
BMC Biol 8:15. 2010