- Correlation of high sensitivity C-reactive protein and calcific aortic valve disease
Department of Medicine Park Ridge Hospital, Rochester, NY, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:171-4. 2007
..To determine whether a difference exists in the levels of high sensitivity C-reactive protein (Hs-CRP) in patients with and without calcific aortic valve disease (CAVD)...
- Meta-analysis of the effect of radiofrequency catheter ablation on left atrial size, volumes and function in patients with atrial fibrillation
Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:1317-26. 2010
..In conclusion, successful RFCA in patients with AF significantly decreases LA size and volumes and does not seem to adversely affect LA function...
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy in heart failure patients: an update
General Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Cardiol J 16:197-209. 2009
..Our review discusses the current evidence, indications, upcoming trials and future directions...
- Metaanalysis on effects of cardiac resynchronization therapy in heart failure patients with narrow QRS complex
General Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Cardiol J 15:230-6. 2008
..To systematically review the benefits of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) in heart failure patients with narrow QRS (< 120 ms) who have baseline mechanical asynchrony...
- Effect of biventricular pacing during a ventricular sensed event
Mehmet Kemal Aktas
Cardiology Department, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1741-5. 2009
- Predictors of coronary artery disease in patients with left bundle branch block who undergo myocardial perfusion imaging
Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Cardiol J 16:321-6. 2009
..Our study aimed to identify clinical predictors of CAD among patients with and without LBBB who undergo myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI)...
- Elevated B-type natriuretic peptide level: use with caution in patients with multiple co-morbidities and presenting with dyspnea
Park Ridge Hospital, Rochester, New York, USA
Indian Heart J 59:64-8. 2007
..The objective of our study was to examine the effect of age, gender, obesity and co-morbid conditions on the evaluation of higher BNP levels in patients presenting with dyspnea...
- Variation in left atrial transmural wall thickness at sites commonly targeted for ablation of atrial fibrillation
Electrophysiology Division, Cardiology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 8653, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 17:127-32. 2006
..Regional variation in left atrial (LA) wall thickness is known to exist but have not been described in detail. AF ablation success and complication rates may be related to regional differences in LA wall thickness...
- Physicians' preferences and attitudes about end-of-life care in patients with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, PO Box 644, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:1139-41. 2008
..With increased knowledge about managing the withdrawal of this potentially life-prolonging therapy, physicians are likely to become more skilled at caring for dying patients with an ICD...
- Aging reduces left atrial performance during adrenergic stress in middle aged and older patients
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology Section, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1045, USA
Cardiol J 19:45-52. 2012
..The aim of the study was to determine the influence of aging on LA function during adrenergic stress in middle aged and older patients...
- Defibrillation coil reversal: a rare cause of abnormal noise and inappropriate shocks
Unity Hospital, Rochester, New York, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:375-7. 2008
- Referral to nephrologists for chronic kidney disease care: is non-diabetic kidney disease ignored?
Sankar D Navaneethan
Division of Nephrology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Nephron Clin Pract 106:c113-8. 2007
..We aimed to analyze the prevalence rates, predictors and consequences of late referral to nephrologists by primary care physicians for chronic kidney disease (CKD) care...
- Control of cardiovascular risk factors and use of aspirin in diabetic patients remain elusive
Department of Medicine, Unity Health System, Rochester, NY, USA
South Med J 101:606-11. 2008
..The goal of this study was to analyze how well these goals were achieved in type 2 diabetics...
- Impact of two different models on influenza and pneumococcal vaccination in hospitalized patients
Department of Medicine, Unity Health System, Rochester, NY 14626, USA
South Med J 100:140-4. 2007
..We conducted a retrospective study comparing two different methods of assessment and its impact on TIV and PPV vaccination in hospitalized patients...