S Javaheri

Summary

Publications

  1. ncbi request reprint Effects of continuous positive airway pressure on sleep apnea and ventricular irritability in patients with heart failure
    S Javaheri
    Sleep Disorders Laboratory, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio45220, USA
    Circulation 101:392-7. 2000
  2. ncbi request reprint Quantitative cerebrospinal fluid acid-base balance in acute respiratory alkalosis
    S Javaheri
    Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45220
    Am J Respir Crit Care Med 150:78-82. 1994
  3. ncbi request reprint Central sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome in heart failure: prevalence, impact, and treatment
    S Javaheri
    Pulmonary Section, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
    Sleep 19:S229-31. 1996
  4. ncbi request reprint A mechanism of central sleep apnea in patients with heart failure
    S Javaheri
    Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45220, USA
    N Engl J Med 341:949-54. 1999
  5. doi request reprint Central sleep apnea
    S Javaheri
    Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 4780 Socialville Fosters Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
    Clin Chest Med 31:235-48. 2010

Detail Information

Publications5

  1. ncbi request reprint Effects of continuous positive airway pressure on sleep apnea and ventricular irritability in patients with heart failure
    S Javaheri
    Sleep Disorders Laboratory, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio45220, USA
    Circulation 101:392-7. 2000
    ..The purpose of this study was to determine the short-term effects of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) on sleep-disordered breathing and its consequences in heart failure patients...
  2. ncbi request reprint Quantitative cerebrospinal fluid acid-base balance in acute respiratory alkalosis
    S Javaheri
    Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45220
    Am J Respir Crit Care Med 150:78-82. 1994
    ..Cisternal CSF lactate rose significantly by 1.2 +/- 0.9 mEq/L, accounting for 25% of the change in CSF [HCO3-]. The remaining (75%) change in CSF [HCO3-] was accounted for by changes in CSF [Cl-]...
  3. ncbi request reprint Central sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome in heart failure: prevalence, impact, and treatment
    S Javaheri
    Pulmonary Section, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
    Sleep 19:S229-31. 1996
    ..Large-scale studies are needed to evaluate the efficacy of these treatment options on quality of life, morbidity, and mortality of patients with heart failure...
  4. ncbi request reprint A mechanism of central sleep apnea in patients with heart failure
    S Javaheri
    Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45220, USA
    N Engl J Med 341:949-54. 1999
    ..I tested the hypothesis that enhanced sensitivity to carbon dioxide contributes to the development of central sleep apnea in some patients with heart failure...
  5. doi request reprint Central sleep apnea
    S Javaheri
    Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 4780 Socialville Fosters Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
    Clin Chest Med 31:235-48. 2010
    ..This article reviews current knowledge on central sleep apnea...