- Complicated intra-abdominal infections in a worldwide context: an observational prospective study (CIAOW Study)
Department of Surgery, Macerata Hospital, Macerata, Italy
World J Emerg Surg 8:1. 2013
..7%) patients.The overall mortality rate was 10.1% (71/702). The final results of the CIAOW Study will be published following the conclusion of the study period in March 2013...
- Miniaturized robotic laparoscope-holder for rectopexy: first results of a prospective study
Department of Surgery, Desgenettes Hospital, Lyon, France
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 23:351-5. 2013
..The aim of this pilot study was to assess the LER in clinical practice...
- Role of laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy for solid pseudopapillary tumor
Department of Digestive Surgery, Robert Picqué Hospital, Villenave D Ornon, France
JSLS 16:552-8. 2012
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the feasibility, safety, and long-term outcome of the laparoscopic DP based on a series of adult SPT patients...
- Video. Radiofrequency fulguration of the spleen under laparoscopy to stop iatrogenic hemorrhage
Department of Visceral Surgery, HIA Desgenettes, 108 boulevard Pinel, Lyon, France
Surg Endosc 26:1163-4. 2012
..Radiofrequency fulguration (RF) is reported to be a safe method in an animal trauma model. However, only three articles report RF for the control of splenic hemorrhage in human patients...
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: comparison between hand-sewn and mechanical gastrojejunostomy
Department of Endoscopic Surgery, Haut Leveque Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Updates Surg 64:25-30. 2012
..029) and operating supply cost (100 Euros less for hand-sewn GJA). In our experience, hand-sewn GJA during LRYGB appears to be as safe as linear-stapled GJA and provides the same bariatric results while remaining slightly less expensive...
- [Parasitic infection causing appendicitis]
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, HIA Desgenettes, Lyon
Med Trop (Mars) 71:501-4. 2011
- Appendicitis: When there is more than meets the eye
Department of GI Surgery, Military Hospital Desgenettes, 108, boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon, France
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 35:765-7. 2011
..Along with a review of the literature, we will define the risk factors, clinical characteristics, diagnostic methods, and treatment of actinomycosis...
- Annular pancreas: a rare cause of acute pancreatitis
Department of GI Surgery, Haut Leveque Hopital Pessac, France
JOP 12:155-7. 2011
..Annular pancreas is an uncommon and rarely reported congenital anomaly which consists of a ring of pancreatic tissue encircling the duodenum. Despite the congenital nature of the disease, clinical manifestations may ensue at any age...
- Primary malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the pancreas: benefit of the multidisciplinary approach
Bergonie Cancer Institute, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux 33000, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:765-8. 2010
- Can an intraductal papillary mucinous tumor be a potential indicator of concurrent adenocarcinoma of the pancreas?
Department of Surgery, Haut Leveque Hospital, Avenue Magellan, 33000 Bordeaux, France
JOP 11:55-7. 2010
..Despite the recent progress of diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, survival rates of pancreatic adenocarcinoma remain poor, mainly due to late diagnosis...
- [Pseudomyxoma peritonei]
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Haut Leveque, F 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Presse Med 37:1348-9. 2008
- [Laparoscopic management of median arcuate ligament syndrome]
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, hôpital Robert Picqué, 351, route de Toulouse, 33140 Villenave d Ornon, France
J Mal Vasc 33:30-4. 2008
..A few authors have described a successful laparoscopic release of celiac artery compression syndrome. Laparoscopy provides a less invasive, but equally effective method for decompressing the celiac trunk...
- [Tension faecopneumothorax as the rare presenting feature of a traumatic diaphragmatic hernia]
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, HIA Robert Piqué, 351, route de Toulouse, 33140 Villenave d Ornon, France
Ann Chir 131:48-50. 2006
..This presentation is rarely reported. In a search of the literature, only 11 cases could be found...
- Right postoperative pleural effusion following laparoscopic appendicectomies: a case series
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale, hôpital d instruction des armées Robert Picqué, Villenave D Ornon, France
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:W33-5. 2010
..The third patient required a pleural drainage by thoracoscopy. Surgeons should be aware of this complication when operating perforated appendicitis by the laparoscopic method...